• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Ken Babbs interview about Kesey, Cassady ect.

#118276 2 years, 6 months ago
This interview by Brian Robbins with Ken Babbs has been floating around on jambase for a week or two. Definitely worth the read for you historians out there.

www.jambands.com/features/2012/01/21/kes...ng-in-with-ken-babbs

snippet below:

BR: And we’ve talked about this before, but for those who might have missed it, can you address the “Further” vs. “Furthur” issue one more time?

KB: (laughs) Sure – the original bus was “Further.” That’s the name Roy Sebern painted on the sign on top in June of ‘64. Roy said it was a good luck name – one that would keep the bus going to its destination.

Later on, somebody repainted the sign and misspelled it as “Furthur” – that’s where that spelling came from. And now, to complicate things even more, you have the band named Furthur, as well. All because somebody made a spelling mistake. (laughs)

You know, one of the neat things about the bus is all the memories of the people who were on it – whether they were there or not. (laughter) Particularly on that trip we made cross-country to New York and back; near as I can tell, there were hundreds of thousands of people on that bus. (laughter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Ken Babbs interview about Kesey, Cassady ect.

#118289 2 years, 6 months ago
Ken is a great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting both him and Kesey, back in 07, on the "GrandFurthur" tour,
when they took the new bus on a tour around the country. I got both of their autographs on my copy of "the
Electric Kool-aid Acid Tests". Now that original trip would have been one I would have loved to join them for.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Ken Babbs interview about Kesey, Cassady ect.

#118455 2 years, 6 months ago
That is so cool chester. I just stumbled across some youtube videos put up by "foolish prankster". He has plenty of interesting stuff. Some with ken babs. here's a little taste:

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds