• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

9500 Hits of LSD seized in PHILADELPHIA

#118098 2 years, 7 months ago
PHILADELPHIA - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Philadelphia and Montgomery County have arrested five people in connection with an alleged million-dollar LSD ring operating on the campus of Drexel University. They are calling it the biggest bust of its kind in 15 years. The LSD was disguised as sheets, depicting images of Homer Simpson and former Grateful Dead Singer Jerry Garcia. The potent hallucinogenic drugs were hidden in a Sponge Bob Square Pants children's book. But this was not child's play. This was a major, million-dollar drug ring on the Drexel University campus. "We believe the defendants were selling LSD for over a year before our office was able to break up this ring," said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. Investigators caught a break a couple of weeks ago, when, on January 18, Upper Moreland Police busted a man there on gun charges. "At which point he informed Upper Moreland he could help us with information on an acid ring," said Deputy District Attorney Brian Grady.
Police soon closed in on the ring leaders: Raphael Zappala, 33, of 50th Street in Philadelphia; Joshua Dassay, 31, of Florence Street in Philadelphia; and Wesley Crawford, 34, of Haverford Road in Ardmore, Pa. Police say the trio sold the acid mainly to Drexel University students. The D.A. says the group was selling the drug for $10 to $30 a hit. Investigators estimate the defendants were clearing $5,000 to $15,000 a week during that time period. Around midnight Tuesday morning police set up a buy and raided a home in the 4800 hundred block of Florence Street. They seized 9500 hits of LSD with a street value of about $28,000 and $10,000 in cash and arrested the three alleged masterminds. They say Dassay had his bags packed and was ready to flee the area. "He is currently wanted in nine states in the United States of America," said Grady. Two others, including one Drexel student, were also arrested, but their names have not been released because they are confidential informants cooperating with authorities. "It's sad this was taking place on a campus of higher learning," said Williams. "I hope the actions of a few don't tarnish the image of educational excellence that we associate with Drexel University." Late Tuesday afternoon, Drexel University released the following statement on the arrests: "Drexel University has a zero tolerance policy for any type of illegal activity and takes immediate disciplinary action, including criminal prosecution. Drexel University Police fully cooperated with the District Attorney's Dangerous Drug Offender Unit, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency and Philadelphia Police, resulting in the arrests of five people connected to an LSD ring operating in University City. "Although two Drexel students were involved, the masterminds of the operation arrested today were not affiliated in any way with Drexel and operated out of a house on 48th Street, not on the Drexel campus. "The University complies with all state and federal regulation in the dissemination of information. When Drexel is made aware of any students participating in illegal behavior, the University places them on indefinite suspension pending the outcome of the investigation by Philadelphia and Drexel police." The alleged masterminds could face up to 100 years behind bars if convicted.

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: 9500 Hits of LSD seized in PHILADELPHIA

#118099 2 years, 7 months ago
You could rape and mutilate a person and sometimes kill a baby and get less time than that. Nice justice system we have here
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#118100 2 years, 7 months ago
Wonder how many violent crimes took place while the police were investigating this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Strider1
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#118101 2 years, 7 months ago
10-30 dollars a hit??? Jebus talk about taxing the shit outa some fucking college kids!! Wow.... Still thats 10,000 less hits floating around And thats sad case its been a while since I have seen any in my area......
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#118104 2 years, 7 months ago
take one down, pass it around, 9499 hits......
Chester
More or less in line

#118106 2 years, 7 months ago
PartPat wrote:
10-30 dollars a hit??? Jebus talk about taxing the shit outa some fucking college kids!! Wow.... Still thats 10,000 less hits floating around And thats sad case its been a while since I have seen any in my area......

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Way too much. And, do the math too. At ten dollars a hit, the street value would be at least 95,000.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Chester.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#118107 2 years, 7 months ago
I have seen that homer "Blotter Art" for sale around recently (no really blotter art). I didnt buy any to ad to the collection cause it seemed cheesy to me. Funny to see it as actual sheats that have been laid w L
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#118108 2 years, 7 months ago
Also its funny cause a gram makes about that many hits...There claiming this is the biggest bust in how long? Really got to think of how much is out there. I mean whoopie the took 1 gram off the street..lol.

And no way these dudes get that much time for L even if it goes federal. nd yes you could kill and rape many people and do half that time our justice system BITES!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#118109 2 years, 7 months ago
I think the real crime here is charging $30 for a hit.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, PMoondancer , Strider1, DancingTurtle
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#118110 2 years, 7 months ago
the DEA prosecutors always over price their drug busts....it makes them more glamorous and seem more effective to the people who care about such things and want to be seen in the public eye. That's why they say the street value of this cocaine blah blah blah....they are adding it up by individual sales made on the street not a bulk purchase or a legitimate street price. If they did then the money generated from the sale of the drugs probably wouldn't be enough to make their court case seem worthwhile. If an ounce of weed costs 400 dollars they will say its worth 700$ or above cause that is the street price for by the gram....total bullshit
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds