• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dave's Picks.....

#118183 2 years, 7 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
captaintony wrote:
No fighting! Especially when I never got a chance to start it! Anyway, I ordered the new daves picks, the price was high but I know it will get heavy rotation for me. What irks me is people continue to bid on road trips on eBay for upwards of fifty bucks or more when deadnet still sells them for the original price.

Question: If I already 'have' SBD's and Matrix copies of just about everything under the sun, is it still worth it to plunk down the CAISH for these releases? I have most all of the Dicks Picks and in most cases those recordings were not another class when compared to the Charlie Miller or equivalent source. I did hear a big difference for some (not all) of the shown in the Europe 72 set.

Somebody set me straight here.

If someone would be willing to burn a copy, I would be happy to oblige with a copy of just about any show desired - including JGB. PM me.

I'd say no. I've questioned myself also. I just get tired of all the downloading and the trading scene. I just ordered this cd cause it looked like a nice new used toy for me, and also, weir's children are going to college so I know he needs the money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#118194 2 years, 7 months ago
I'd say no. I've questioned myself also. I just get tired of all the downloading and the trading scene. I just ordered this cd cause it looked like a nice new used toy for me, and also, weir's children are going to college so I know he needs the money.[/quote]

I feel ya on the trading scene > I have dealt with the hassle for so long I am just used to it - thankfully I am done downloading (at least for GD & JGB that is).

I also see the benefit of having 'it' right there with a a few clicks to get it on its way to your mailbox. I think you meant to say that Weirs children need the money to buy the college, right?
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#118197 2 years, 7 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
I'd say no. I've questioned myself also. I just get tired of all the downloading and the trading scene. I just ordered this cd cause it looked like a nice new used toy for me, and also, weir's children are going to college so I know he needs the money.

I feel ya on the trading scene > I have dealt with the hassle for so long I am just used to it - thankfully I am done downloading (at least for GD & JGB that is).

I also see the benefit of having 'it' right there with a a few clicks to get it on its way to your mailbox. I think you meant to say that Weirs children need the money to buy the college, right?[/quote]

yes, I forgot he could buy the college, so I'm like on the donor board.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#118201 2 years, 7 months ago
I just ordered it as well.

Ironically, I have great SB versions of the first two releases already thanks to the early days of ETree (back when it was just a mailing list and a bunch of phriendly servers/hosts).

Still, I figured I might as well shell some money to the boys for the effort and hope that maybe these versions are a bit better than what I have
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#118227 2 years, 7 months ago
I don't buy new gd music often. Just like Teafortexas I already have more than I can realistically listen to. And I'm an ez fan. I can listen to a good bootleg over and over and over. No way was I buying the europe '72 set and no way will I buy a show that I can download. I honestly don't mind the "inferior quality" of the stuff on archives. For me it's all I need.

Well, maybe also an ashtray, a remote control, a paddle game and a lamp (from Steve Martin's movie the jerk). That's all I need.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#118257 2 years, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Barnes and Nobles sucks...support you local book store not Oprah book club whores who sell the latest trash...buy used books! or better yet go to the library and borrow them for free. Most people don't and many of them around the country are closing. Yeah no more publicly funded libraries with decent collections and censorship bills for the internet are really fucking scary...sorry but I fucking hate the large name brand bookstores with a passion...i used to think books and the written word where sacred and an art form for the spreading of information and ideas to people now they just feel like another commodity.
Why keep using key resources to make thousands of new editions with no new material just to keep your stock looking 'fresh'?

Damn Dire your on fire tonight anyone that mentions GYBE! is generally alright in my book but dude chiiilll:) And BTW I found the most bitchen Jerry Disc "Well Matched" with Merl -Keystone Sessions, the cover opens like a matchbook it's pretty neat and it was in there little bargain bin sixfucking 99 or was it 7, just saying no offense ya know
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#118280 2 years, 7 months ago
My copy of Dave's Picks arrived this afternoon. Sounds great. Some of this music just seems to float like smoke in the air.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118292 2 years, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
My copy of Dave's Picks arrived this afternoon. Sounds great. Some of this music just seems to float like smoke in the air.

That's cool!! I bet it sounds awesome. I didn't mean to rile people up with my assault on rhino. I never had any problems until Europe72. It's all good, in the end we are all enjoying the music we love!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#118351 2 years, 7 months ago
I had no problems with E72, I am excited that Dave's Picks might be coming tomorrow! Friday would be better, to start the weekend off

I am listening to 9/3/88 right now, and this LTGTR is all over the place lol

And for those who believe you will NEVER see these releases again, just make sure you are aware of a cute little site called Ebay. As long as it's around, you will see Dick's Picks, Dave's Picks, and most of the other official recordings.

Seriously, is that LTGTR on 9/3/88 the first one or something? So disjointed lol
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#118367 2 years, 7 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
I had no problems with E72, I am excited that Dave's Picks might be coming tomorrow! Friday would be better, to start the weekend off

I am listening to 9/3/88 right now, and this LTGTR is all over the place lol

And for those who believe you will NEVER see these releases again, just make sure you are aware of a cute little site called Ebay. As long as it's around, you will see Dick's Picks, Dave's Picks, and most of the other official recordings.

Seriously, is that LTGTR on 9/3/88 the first one or something? So disjointed lol

4th time played
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds