• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

Re: Dave's Picks.....

#118135 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
sorry you are so complacent it must be nice....but yeah the state of the world and people in general bother me....so i am going to try and figure out what the fuck is going on here?! better than being an ostrich with your head in the sand cause you got spooked and yes i do have return policies figured out....i can read a receipt.

Don't let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth - don't let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency. - Aesop

Your contempt for the MACHINE should not translate to taking such issue with another on this board. He wasn't lookin for a fight.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by teafortexas.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#118136 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
These are the CD sets and shows that I have been able to locate immediately most of them are already on my computer saved as lossless flac files. MushroomMan do you have the complete 1969 Fillmore Box set? I'll amend this list as I locate more.

Europe '72: Full Box set
Road Trips: Complete collection and complete bonus discs
Hartford '77
Live from the Cow Palace
Crimson, White, and Indigo
The Warlocks: Hampton Box set
Large number of official JGB releases
Dick's Picks- Complete
Winterland '77
Winterland '73
Rocking the Cradle
Legion of Mary
Large number of Furthur soundboards...including whole Abbey Road Run
Purchased subscription for Dave's Picks

I don't have the official release of the complete recordings but I do have a soundboard from all 4 nights (2/27-3/2) and the only thing I see missing is a cut in We Bid You Goodnight the final night. I'm sure the official remaster sounds better but these don't sound bad at all... I do have a good portion of official stuff but a lot of my collection is just recordings that have been remastered and shared, many (probably most) of them there is no official release for.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#118140 2 years, 8 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
sorry you are so complacent it must be nice....but yeah the state of the world and people in general bother me....so i am going to try and figure out what the fuck is going on here?! better than being an ostrich with your head in the sand cause you got spooked and yes i do have return policies figured out....i can read a receipt.

Don't let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth - don't let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency. - Aesop

Your contempt for the MACHINE should not translate to taking such issue with another on this board. He wasn't lookin for a fight.

ain't no fight sorry i'm just responding to his jibe about "how i think i have the world figured out"....i know i don't but i'm sure trying too get a handle on as much experience, travel, and understanding as i can i'm only 28? i've got a lot to learn!!

It was later than I thought
when I first believed you
now I cannot share your laughter
Ship of Fools

Saw your first ship sink and drown
from rocking of the boat
and all that could not sink or swim
was just left there to float
I won't leave you drifting down
but woah it makes me wild
with thirty years upon my head
to have you call me child
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#118142 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
teafortexas wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:

ain't no fight sorry i'm just responding to his jibe about "how i think i have the world figured out"....i know i don't but i'm sure trying too get a handle on as much experience, travel, and understanding as i can i'm only 28? i've got a lot to learn!!

It was later than I thought
when I first believed you
now I cannot share your laughter
Ship of Fools

Saw your first ship sink and drown
from rocking of the boat
and all that could not sink or swim
was just left there to float
I won't leave you drifting down
but woah it makes me wild
with thirty years upon my head
to have you call me child

I'm no sage and missed the jibe you referred to - but since found. I guess I shouldn't be the Net Nanny since this is an open medium of exchange for ideas and thoughts. I suppose I am a little gun-shy since there was a serious DARK period recently where it seemed like every thread had HATE. I got pissed at the prospect of having to leave because of such nonsense but have been pleased to see the vitirol return to more tolerable levels. I little oversensitivity on my part.

I appreciate your contempt for accepting the status quo. I am stuck playing by the rules that someone else set and it sucks more than it doesn't. I have found that helping people whenever you can makes it easier to take. In many ways, we are all on that SHIP with each other.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#118144 2 years, 8 months ago
OOPS. Back to regular programming....
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118153 2 years, 8 months ago
Hey now, it isn't a one way street! I get enough lectures in life without taking one here. My "jibe" (not sure if this is the right word to use here) was only in resposne to your initial one. It's all good man, everyone has an opinion and that's the way it should be.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, teafortexas
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#118163 2 years, 8 months ago
No fighting! Especially when I never got a chance to start it! Anyway, I ordered the new daves picks, the price was high but I know it will get heavy rotation for me. What irks me is people continue to bid on road trips on eBay for upwards of fifty bucks or more when deadnet still sells them for the original price.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by captaintony.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#118169 2 years, 8 months ago
captaintony wrote:
No fighting! Especially when I never got a chance to start it! Anyway, I ordered the new daves picks, the price was high but I know it will get heavy rotation for me. What irks me is people continue to bid on road trips on eBay for upwards of fifty bucks or more when deadnet still sells them for the original price.

Question: If I already 'have' SBD's and Matrix copies of just about everything under the sun, is it still worth it to plunk down the CAISH for these releases? I have most all of the Dicks Picks and in most cases those recordings were not another class when compared to the Charlie Miller or equivalent source. I did hear a big difference for some (not all) of the shown in the Europe 72 set.

Somebody set me straight here.

If someone would be willing to burn a copy, I would be happy to oblige with a copy of just about any show desired - including JGB. PM me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#118178 2 years, 8 months ago
Yep, their all about those bonus disks over there. But this whole dave's picks series has kind of bugged me a little because of the "limited edition" thing. Basically, get the music out to a few people, then cut everyone else off. Dicks Picks is cool because you can still go poke around through a series of good shows. But Dave's Picks pretty soon is just going to be a thing of the past. And the music is going to be unavailable.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118179 2 years, 8 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
captaintony wrote:

Question: If I already 'have' SBD's and Matrix copies of just about everything under the sun, is it still worth it to plunk down the CAISH for these releases? I have most all of the Dicks Picks and in most cases those recordings were not another class when compared to the Charlie Miller or equivalent source. I did hear a big difference for some (not all) of the shown in the Europe 72 set.

Somebody set me straight here.

If someone would be willing to burn a copy, I would be happy to oblige with a copy of just about any show desired - including JGB. PM me.

I struggle with that very question all the time!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds