• Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Dave's Picks.....

#118088 2 years, 8 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Eurpoe 72 really soured me towards rhino and dead.net. I think all of these releases are a big friggin scam. Also I wish they would pick shows that don't already have pristine charlie miller sbds in circulation. The notion around limited edition this and that and only so many being produced is a marketing ploy. Sorry to be so negative but Rhino really irks me anymore, I used to give them the benefit of the doubt ....

I recently bought The Crimson Philly Set 49.99 Disc's 1 and 2 don't play and have a huge gash in them. Does anyone know if Rhino would replace those for me? Worth a shot I guess.Loved those releases till then... pricy, but good quality (usally)

Just saying.

you paid 49.99 for a Crimson Philly set? why? its being sold for 39.98 on Dead.net and is available on amazon for less most likely though i haven't checked. If you didn;t buy the cd directly from them then you may have trouble getting a return from them... next time be more careful of where you purchase your cows for the farm.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#118090 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
yes they will replace them...really try sending an email to the company instead of asking random people online. Direct communication is usually the fastest and easiest. They are a retail company selling a product obviously if they sell a faulty product they will replace... sometimes i think deadheads just try really hard and make things difficult for themselves even if subconciously

Sorry, just adding my 2 cents to the "Have you been pleased with the rhino realeses" conversation that I thought was taking shape. Also thinking and typing out loud-sorry.

Guess some people on-line are more random then others
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#118092 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Eurpoe 72 really soured me towards rhino and dead.net. I think all of these releases are a big friggin scam. Also I wish they would pick shows that don't already have pristine charlie miller sbds in circulation. The notion around limited edition this and that and only so many being produced is a marketing ploy. Sorry to be so negative but Rhino really irks me anymore, I used to give them the benefit of the doubt ....

I recently bought The Crimson Philly Set 49.99 Disc's 1 and 2 don't play and have a huge gash in them. Does anyone know if Rhino would replace those for me? Worth a shot I guess.Loved those releases till then... pricy, but good quality (usally)

Just saying.

you paid 49.99 for a Crimson Philly set? why? its being sold for 39.98 on Dead.net and is available on amazon for less most likely though i haven't checked. If you didn;t buy the cd directly from them then you may have trouble getting a return from them... next time be more careful of where you purchase your cows for the farm.

Yep, that's how much I paid at Barnes and Noble, admittingly an impulse buy, but have loved the others that I have purchesed from the same place.

Least Savey Dead Head Rhino Cd Set consumer Award------point taken
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#118094 2 years, 8 months ago
Barnes and Nobles sucks...support you local book store not Oprah book club whores who sell the latest trash...buy used books! or better yet go to the library and borrow them for free. Most people don't and many of them around the country are closing. Yeah no more publicly funded libraries with decent collections and censorship bills for the internet are really fucking scary...sorry but I fucking hate the large name brand bookstores with a passion...i used to think books and the written word where sacred and an art form for the spreading of information and ideas to people now they just feel like another commodity.
Why keep using key resources to make thousands of new editions with no new material just to keep your stock looking 'fresh'?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#118095 2 years, 8 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
yes they will replace them...really try sending an email to the company instead of asking random people online. Direct communication is usually the fastest and easiest. They are a retail company selling a product obviously if they sell a faulty product they will replace... sometimes i think deadheads just try really hard and make things difficult for themselves even if subconciously

Sorry, just adding my 2 cents to the "Have you been pleased with the rhino realeses" conversation that I thought was taking shape. Also thinking and typing out loud-sorry.

Guess some people on-line are more random then others

Your comment would have been better directed at Barnes and Noble than Rhino as the damage to the Cd's most likely occurred in their hands....not to mention if you bought something damaged or defective from a store bring it back and return it to the store you bought it at. Return policy?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Chester
More or less in line

#118096 2 years, 8 months ago
I agree with you Dire Wolf. But who hasn't made that impulse purchase. And that's why places like B & N are still in business.
Everything is cheaper on line. Or, like etree, which has tens of thousands of hours of music, is free.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118097 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh calm down Dire Wolf. Glad you have the world figured out man.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#118103 2 years, 8 months ago
sorry you are so complacent it must be nice....but yeah the state of the world and people in general bother me....so i am going to try and figure out what the fuck is going on here?! better than being an ostrich with your head in the sand cause you got spooked and yes i do have return policies figured out....i can read a receipt.

Don't let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth - don't let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency. - Aesop
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Dire Wolf.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#118105 2 years, 8 months ago
I forgot about the early subscription rate, which was a deal. Which I did get. HA! This whole post is pointless, and I apologize for not doing my research before firing off.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118131 2 years, 8 months ago
"Complacent"? I'm sorry but you lost me...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds