• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Dave's Picks.....

#117972 2 years, 5 months ago
It ships this coming week. So I visit the site, la di da...see the price.

$111.92 for a subscription. Getting 12 CDs. That would come to $9.32 (or $9.33 if you round up) per CD. So each 3-CD set should be $27.98 (or $27.99 if you round up).

$27.98 is EXACTLY what the Dave's Picks is being offered to the general public, who didn't purchase a subscription.

This is fishy and slightly upsetting to me. Did I really subscribe to this, under the guise of "limited edition," just because of that damn bonus disc? (Not saying anything bad about 7/29/74, but seriously?!) That seems to be the only thing you get in the subscription that you don't get by buying the releases as they come - at least price-wise.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dave's Picks.....

#117983 2 years, 5 months ago
arn't they going to do one for 7/31/74 as well?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#117987 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="MushroomMan" post=117983]arn't they going to do one for 7/31/74 as well?[/quote

That's the second release, in May. As best as I can tell it's the first time they've put out a complete show from '74. Very psyched for that. Hopefully it will include some of the Seastones segment.

As for the subscription price, the real deal was the early subscription for $95.00.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#118024 2 years, 5 months ago
Dave was on the GD channel this morning and he played some tracks from daves picks #1. Good stuff,May 25, 1977 (I believe).

05-25-77 The Mosque, Richmond, Va. (Wed)
1: Half Step, Jack Straw, TLEO, Mexicali, Peggy-O, Cassidy, Loser, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, B. E. Women, Promised
2: Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> He's Gone> Drums> Other One> Wharf Rat> Other One> Wheel> Around E: Johnny B. Goode

Dave said that Scarlet --> Fire is especailly good. Gonna give it a listen now. Surprisingly there is still a charlie miller soundboard up for this one

www.archive.org/details/gd1977-05-25.sbd...r.87591.sbeok.flac16
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#118037 2 years, 5 months ago
sounds like the 7/29/74 is only available to subscribers..... if anybody that get's that would like to trade with me for some other music I would be very grateful .... either with cds or I could even get a little USB drive that holds a few gigs, fill it up and send it out then (whoever is interested) could save that on their end and then erase the drive and fill it with a few things for me

sure I already have the Charlie Miller SBD from 7/29 but I would love to have the official remaster, even if it's not the whole show which it sounds like 1 disc from the first post. If anybody dosn't have the bonus disc but is just interested in trading some music I'm always up for it just send me a pm.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#118068 2 years, 5 months ago
These are the CD sets and shows that I have been able to locate immediately most of them are already on my computer saved as lossless flac files. MushroomMan do you have the complete 1969 Fillmore Box set? I'll amend this list as I locate more.

Europe '72: Full Box set
Road Trips: Complete collection and complete bonus discs
Hartford '77
Live from the Cow Palace
Crimson, White, and Indigo
The Warlocks: Hampton Box set
Large number of official JGB releases
Dick's Picks- Complete
Winterland '77
Winterland '73
Rocking the Cradle
Legion of Mary
Large number of Furthur soundboards...including whole Abbey Road Run
Purchased subscription for Dave's Picks
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118077 2 years, 5 months ago
Eurpoe 72 really soured me towards rhino and dead.net. I think all of these releases are a big friggin scam. Also I wish they would pick shows that don't already have pristine charlie miller sbds in circulation. The notion around limited edition this and that and only so many being produced is a marketing ploy. Sorry to be so negative but Rhino really irks me anymore, I used to give them the benefit of the doubt ....
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#118080 2 years, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Eurpoe 72 really soured me towards rhino and dead.net. I think all of these releases are a big friggin scam. Also I wish they would pick shows that don't already have pristine charlie miller sbds in circulation. The notion around limited edition this and that and only so many being produced is a marketing ploy. Sorry to be so negative but Rhino really irks me anymore, I used to give them the benefit of the doubt ....

I recently bought The Crimson Philly Set 49.99 Disc's 1 and 2 don't play and have a huge gash in them. Does anyone know if Rhino would replace those for me? Worth a shot I guess.Loved those releases till then... pricy, but good quality (usally)

Just saying.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#118084 2 years, 5 months ago
It's easier to complain about something we can't change than change the things we can. I really enjoy the releases they have nice artwork, come in a tight package to put up on my shelf, have awesome audio quality, plus as a collector they are fun to accumulate. I just don't go out for that dinner or eat PB&J's for a week etc. and then hey magically a little bit of extra money appears! I mean really though what did anybody expect the Dead made the announcement when they sold to Rhino years back that they were doing this specifically because they were tired of running a business and wanted to just be responsible for the when and where of the music. I'd say after a band supports thousands of people with a lively hood and money from their own pockets for over 40 years then they deserve a little bit in their old age. And if anybody thinks that the band doesn't a receive a contractually obligated portion of Rhino's sales then i got nothing. If you can't afford it then don't buy it but frankly everything is a scam....cars, cheap restaurants, cellphones, business, children, the government, college etc. America is built around scams. Living in this age in human civilization is a scam. A pack of butt's (no i do not smoke ) costs nearly 10$ some places and weed is overpriced at 50 an 1/8...so really who isn't a scammer or a victim of one everyday! Everyone is trying to make a buck and there's a sucker born every minute...Living in America.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#118086 2 years, 5 months ago
yes they will replace them...really try sending an email to the company instead of asking random people online. Direct communication is usually the fastest and easiest. They are a retail company selling a product obviously if they sell a faulty product they will replace... sometimes i think deadheads just try really hard and make things difficult for themselves even if subconciously
Time to create page: 1.50 seconds