• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Rocking the cradle box set

#118386 2 years, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
Pretty much the same reason they don't want to release their Woodstock performance.
They just didn't think it showed their best work. And that was pretty historical too.

The Dark Star from that performance turned up on a huge Woodstock box that Rhino put out a few years ago. That song, at least, sounds pretty good.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#118403 2 years, 8 months ago
I have the release they put out, but I wouldn't call it a box set.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#118405 2 years, 8 months ago
The Fire on the Mountain from Egypt is wonderful. They opened the second set on the last night, with it. There was a full eclipse that night. Phil looks so happy and goes into serious Phil overdrive. The rest of the show, umm not so much; but if you want one killer Fire with a Pyramid in the background, this video is worth getting. The video of the band on the Nile river and touring Egypt is also way cool. If you are looking a video with better music quality plus hystorical significance, get the closing of Winterland from 12/31/78.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#118445 2 years, 8 months ago
The Shakedown from that night is also pretty wild.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#118456 2 years, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
The Fire on the Mountain from Egypt is wonderful. They opened the second set on the last night, with it. There was a full eclipse that night. Phil looks so happy and goes into serious Phil overdrive. The rest of the show, umm not so much; but if you want one killer Fire with a Pyramid in the background, this video is worth getting. The video of the band on the Nile river and touring Egypt is also way cool. If you are looking a video with better music quality plus hystorical significance, get the closing of Winterland from 12/31/78.

I'd say the first band to play at the pyramids is historically significant. Plus how more historically significant can something be than one of the seven wonders of the ancient world?!!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#118592 2 years, 8 months ago
I agree, the Shakedown is also very strong.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#118602 2 years, 8 months ago
Eygpt Vacation Tapes

Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#118604 2 years, 8 months ago
What makes the Fire so special to me is the hypnotic Ollin Arageed intro. I couldn't find both on one vid so this will have to do.

By the way, I have a theory on Jerry's pigtail hairstyle during this show. I think it was to make him look like the Sphinx.

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds