• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Jeff Chimenti added to P+F Broomfield Lineup...

#117791 2 years, 6 months ago
"RatDog/Furthur keyboardist Jeff Chimenti has been added to the lineup for the Phil Lesh and Friends shows taking place next month at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, CO. The three shows will be held on February 16, 17 and 18 and will also feature Phil Lesh, John Scofield, Warren Haynes, Jackie Greene and Joe Russo. With the exception of appearances at Warren Haynes’ X-mas Jam and Pre-X, these will be the first Phil Lesh and Friends performances since the emergence of Furthur in 2009."

...i'm glad to have JC on board for these shows, but i'm starting to wonder why Jackie is in the band. Phil has two monster guitarists and has now added a monster keyboard player. with this lineup Jackie will be the 2nd keyboard player or a 3rd guitar. it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but i'm sure it'll be great.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jeff Chimenti added to P+F Broomfield Lineup...

#117793 2 years, 6 months ago
em did post this in the broomfield thread but i did think it needed it's own, so right on trent.

i am thinking that maybe jeff was tentative, and has the green light at this point. phil may have just been covering all bases. jack ie someone who can play guitar but also someone who can play keys and B3. i have a feeling that jackie will be doing a little of both, and possibly more. perhaps taking on a more multi-faceted role. phil has shown he is into this type of musician through folks like barry sless and larry campbell. jackie also has vocals.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#117794 2 years, 6 months ago
JG's like a utility infielder. He'll probably do a little bit of everything, including harmonica.

I'm not familiar with JG's keyboards. Could he handle the demands of a full show like Chimenti can?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#117795 2 years, 6 months ago
terrapin sedation---i think so. i saw him play at the ramble with phil and he was great.

edit: i retract that. it wasn't "great". it was good.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by wlewis.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#117796 2 years, 6 months ago
^^^^^

I bet that Ramble was something special.

That Xmas Jam was great.

I'm looking forward to P & F from the comfort of my couch. I bet colorartist will deal us up a stream.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#117797 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
terrapin sedation---i think so. i saw him play at the ramble with phil and he was great.

edit: i retract that. it wasn't "great". it was good.

i'll go somewhere in between "good" and "great". Jackie is a very competent and soulful keyboard player (he mostly plays B3), but he's no Jeff Chimenti. Jackie is also an excellent guitarist, but he's no Warren Haynes or John Schofield. that being said, i agree that he'll be the "floater" of the band prettymuch doing a little of everything... vocals, keys, guitar, harmonica (probably even some 6-string banjo).
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#117800 2 years, 6 months ago
ts--something special doesn't even begin to describe a ramble
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#117804 2 years, 6 months ago
Release the hounds. I'm there !
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#117806 2 years, 6 months ago
Im liking this new addition. Jackie Greene will fill the same role he played on Phils Bday show in 2010 which in my opinion was great. These are going to be super shows. Cant wait.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#117809 2 years, 6 months ago
Tsquared...are those mics in your new picture???

I'm so ecstatic about Jeff being added to the lineup. I missed the memo about a special guest to be added. So glad its him. Jeff was a great addition to the Xmas jam Phil and Friends! This makes me even more excited about the shows!!! Ahhh only two weeks from tomorrow I'll be there!

And as far as Jackie, hey he's a great musician! Caught him with Phil and Friends a few years ago and I really liked his vocals on some songs. Also Phil and Friends are known to play a Jackie song or two. I Love Tell Me Mama Tell Me Right which Phil does and it's a Jackie original! Hoping to hear it in Broomfield! I see Jackie singing, playing guitar, and getting down on some keys with Jeff! 2010 I think it was saw The Jackie Green Band open for Govt Mule. He's real good! He was doing it all!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds