• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur at Deer Creek

#118051 2 years, 8 months ago
i agree dr psilo

i thought we were talking about furthur only.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#118062 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't know what happenned at Deer Creek in 2004 but in 1995, I was there and witnessed the whole thing, there were some really asshole gate crashers coming over, then through, the back fence on top of the hill. They were fighting security/ cops and was a really bad moment. I was embarrassed to be from Indiana. I saw somewhere there is a letter I think Phil wrote about it.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#118081 2 years, 8 months ago
I'd be down with a midwest summer run...gives me an excuse to see it for the first time
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#118082 2 years, 8 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
I'd be down with a midwest summer run...gives me an excuse to see it for the first time

and we would love to have ya !
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#118102 2 years, 8 months ago
I figured the "forgiveness" was for 1995, but they have played Deer Creek many times since 1995. That's why I asked what happened "the last time" they were there, because technically it was 2004. Not 1995.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#120815 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't remember who played there in 2004, i think if they came back to deer creek it'd sell out.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#120823 2 years, 8 months ago
theuch24 wrote:
I don't remember who played there in 2004, i think if they came back to deer creek it'd sell out.

Quite possible. The Boys brought the heat every time I went (89-94) and 90 & 91 were particulary scorching. I suspect that Furthur would have a better chance selling out with a one-off show as opposed to a 2-nite stand. I suspect the people of Noblesville would be none-too happy about any incarnation of the GD visiting though. Those people got pissed - even the ones that wanted to charge you 25.00 to park on their lawn.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#120833 2 years, 8 months ago
Some got pissed some didn't. I remember sitting in a bar full of locals chatting with them about my choosen "lifestyle" and they ended up buying me beers all night (actully I think it was in the afternoon when we began). But I have been pretty good at that sort of thing all my life - back when me and my then girlfreind, now wife, were working with Earth First in the Redwoods we stumbled upon a logging bar in the middle of nowhere and ended up closing the place down, only to have the owner sneek us and others back in after we moved our cars out of the lot (the let us bring our dogs in too and they loved them).

But, yes, Deer Creek would sell out. I know many in the midwest who would come out of the woodwork for another run there (yes it should be more than one night).
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#126134 2 years, 7 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
theuch24 wrote:

Quite possible. The Boys brought the heat every time I went (89-94) and 90 & 91 were particulary scorching. I suspect that Furthur would have a better chance selling out with a one-off show as opposed to a 2-nite stand. I suspect the people of Noblesville would be none-too happy about any incarnation of the GD visiting though. Those people got pissed - even the ones that wanted to charge you 25.00 to park on their lawn.

I'm hoping that they come back here so much to be honest, People have really changed around here, parking at deer creek is free and It's in the middle of nowhere as you probably know so you can probably just park anywhere you want, i've done it a couple of times in front of a cop and he just told me not to have it over night or they would tow it.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds