• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

Re: Any rumors/talks of shows after Wanee??

#117530 2 years, 7 months ago
SHORELAND! LOL
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#117534 2 years, 7 months ago
i bet the west coast gets a couple of spring furthur shows someweir in cali. close to the bay.
shoreline, maybe,
terrrapin crossings? maybe
def. not sweetwater unless its stealth
or they could do a fair grounds with on site camping like any sane promoter would.
jesus i wish these guys would hire me to promote their shows. i dig what they are tryin to do. minimize cost to them and fans, max. fun/ profit.

do three or four BIG events across the US, with onsite camping, etc. just like a fest. but with furthur headling. maybe with allmans too, that would be far out, as long as we get two sets from both bands.
one night allmans close, one night furthur closes.
the key is ONLY DOIN A FEW DATES, that way the demand is high.
course, i bet they know what their doin
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#117546 2 years, 7 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
my friends dad works for jones beach and he said on the line ups for summer it says further/allman brothers. its a pretty reliable source so deff look out for dates coming soon. i would think either last week of feb/1st week of march they will announce summer dates.

I would love to see Furthur at Jones Beach again probably more then any other place, the whole scenery/atmosphere/lights was all just perfect. (and I was to fucked up to enjoy a lot of the 2nd set... :guy hitting brick wall emotion:). anyway Furthur just about never announces more tour dates before the sooner tour takes place, especially botch on the same coast, It seems way to early for any announcements and for both these bands to tour together and make the money they all want per show tickets would be sky high.

I agree with SS that I would rather not see Furthur with the Allman's (or anyone else besides a festival) because it would mean 1 long set from each. My first show (8/20/08) was on the 08' summer Ratdog/Allman Brothers tour. Thinking back (just now) I don't know if I would of even went to that show if they wern't playing with the Allmans. That show is what really got me on the bus, I had been listening to their music for a while and loved it but had no idea what was out there. I had heard of Ratdog but never made it out to see them before thinking something like "oh its only 1 original member" or something like that but damn was I ever wrong and foolish
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#117662 2 years, 7 months ago
i was at that 8/20/08 show. since 2009 start of furthur, I've been to 128 shows and will be at all the spring shows. as far as the allamns and furthur are concerned they could both play two sets just be a earlier start time. i know that bobby is doing some festivals with Greene and robinson so hopefully the do something big coming summer.

i would love to see a festival with Furthur, rat dog,allman brothers, phil and friends, kinda like furthur fest but they won't allow it back where they did it a few years ago

hope to see everyone out in the spring. (~);}
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#117664 2 years, 7 months ago
deadhed4life34---128, impressive. i've done 92.

i wonder how many times we've seen/ran into each other without realizing it.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#117665 2 years, 7 months ago
I've heard Vibes will have Furthur headlining again as well as Phil/Bob side stuff. Would be nice if Allman Brothers Band was there as well!

excited for April!!! Spring Tour will be a nice, intimate run with the NE and those of us traveling
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#117684 2 years, 7 months ago
Being up here in Cascadia, we would LOVE to see another go with the ABB at the GORGE. Great on site camping and

Hellaviews! Come on back!!!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds