• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
volare
Senior Boarder

Growing Up Dead

#117356 2 years, 2 months ago
I just finished up the book, Growing Up Dead, which, if you haven't read it, is a part-memoir, part-social history recollection of a now 42 year old, former touring Deadhead, from upstate NY.

I enjoyed it but can't see myself re-reading it, so I am happy to pass the book along. If you are interested, respond here or hit me up via PM.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Growing Up Dead

#117357 2 years, 2 months ago
I would love to give it a read Volare!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#117358 2 years, 2 months ago
I just finished reading "dark star" which is a collection of personal reflections about JG and the GD. Mostly about Jerry, as is seems to present a 360 degree view of him as a person and musician. Tragic and sad as he falls in to the abyss and struggles with those around him unable to help, as is often the case with addictions. Interesting as it brings in the different voices around him as it attempts to paint varied view points of view from those in and out of the inner circle of the GD family. Intersting to reflect on the perceptions of those hearing the music and the contrast to the dark side of struggles behind the stage. That being said it really paints his single love as his music and his love for it, it was really his life..(not that I think anyone really needs to be told that here!!!). wives, children, the band and everthing was secondary to his playing.

Worth a read. My local libary had it.

J
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Jasper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
volare
Senior Boarder

#117359 2 years, 2 months ago
@splatter_face if you give me your address on PM, I'll send it out to you tomorrow.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#117373 2 years, 2 months ago
GUD is an interesting book. As is Dark Star. For my money its Phil's searching book.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#117382 2 years, 2 months ago
I have been meaning to pick up G.U.D. , gald to hear its good.
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds