Furthur Spring Tour By The Numbers

#11705 3 years, 3 months ago
A new post with charts, graphs and lists:

bit.ly/dUbnYZ
LaMong
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur Spring Tour By The Numbers

#11706 3 years, 3 months ago
I love looking at stats! I wish we could tally our own stats here like PT does.. They have abandoned "the Dead" stats after the first 2 furthur tours and have stopped adding setlists....
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#11708 3 years, 3 months ago
TheBarnPresents wrote:
A new post with charts, graphs and lists:

bit.ly/dUbnYZ

Has there been an explanation of why Star Spangled Banner and Piano Solo remain on this list?
TheBarnPresents
Fresh Boarder

#11709 3 years, 3 months ago
@Onthebus Ummm... I hate your annoying pestering had anything to do with it, but I did clean up the database a little and removed SSB and Piano Solo from the songlists that were used to compile the latest post.
TheBarnPresents
Fresh Boarder

#11710 3 years, 3 months ago
that is "hate to say". Typing too fast.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#11711 3 years, 3 months ago
Sorry you find it annoying, but don't you think the data needs to be accurate? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, as I realize there are some different methods of compiling data in this circumstance/situation.

I'm sure these questions will be seen as pestering rather than legitimate curiosity satisfaction, but I can dream, right?
When was Muli Guli played on Spring Tour?
What do you categorize as a "Jam"? (Follow up: Why was that "Jam" only played once?)
Do you use Microsoft Excel for your raw data?
If so, would you be threatened/offended/otherwise off put by me asking to see the file? Rather than asking a thousand more questions and thereby pestering you even more so than I already am?

I do love the way the data is presented, it absolutely blows my weak presentation out of the water, but with regards to my stats, I welcome them being investigated, questioned, etc.

It's not about us being right, it's about the DATA being right.
TheBarnPresents
Fresh Boarder

#11712 3 years, 3 months ago
@LaMong Stay tuned.... We are working on it
TheBarnPresents
Fresh Boarder

#11779 3 years, 3 months ago
@onthebus

I do respect accuracy and welcome identification of errors, so thanks for your diligence.

- Muli Guli was a typographical error (corrected now)
- All song lists are sourced from the setlists from Furthur.net. If a song appears on the "official" setlist here, then it is put into my stats. Jam is on the 4/1/11 setlist as a write in between Mexicali and Quinn - www.furthur.net/tours?task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=60. I have listened to this and it does appear to be a standalone jam unconnected to Mexicali
- I have had to do some manual cleanup, given how some things have been listed on the official setlists (e.g. Piano Solo, Breathe Reprise and other song titles of debatable origin were listed on the song list on furthur.net)
- There are probably a handful of other things that could still be cleaned up (e.g. Terrapin vs. Terrapin Suite, Weather Report Prelude, Pt. 1, Pt 2); but for the most part I think the data list is 99%+ accurate and is good enough to paint a picture of what went down on the tour
- Remember, this is for fun. Nobody lives or dies based on Furthur songlist information. Your posts criticizing the analysis have come across as severe and pompous rather than helpful which is what I found annoying, especially since I state that I welcome corrections / suggestions right on the page and the suggestions that you had made previously were actually incorporated

If you want to discuss further or see raw data, please take off the board and email me at info @ thebarnpresents . com
WorkingmansEd
Junior Boarder

#11784 3 years, 3 months ago
This is rad and totally appreciated.
cstar
Fresh Boarder

#11811 3 years, 3 months ago
LaMong wrote:
I love looking at stats! I wish we could tally our own stats here like PT does.. They have abandoned "the Dead" stats after the first 2 furthur tours and have stopped adding setlists....

I've always said that deadheads are like Baseball fans when it comes to statstics.
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love ------you make!"
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds