• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Magic Mushrooms for Depression? webMD

#117107 2 years, 7 months ago
volare wrote:
i don't think that the study is suggesting that mushrooms are an instant cure for feeling down/depressed at that moment but rather a long-term benefit for those who suffer from prolonged clinical depression.

I met a young woman recently who swears by psilocybin as the only thing which controls her cluster headaches....and she claims to take much less than a psychedelic dose, something in the .5-1g range every few weeks.

dude i actually saw something on nat geo or one of those channels about an older gentleman uses them for the same reason. he's not the druggie type but uses the mushrooms because he swears they are the only preventative measure he can take to stop the cluster headaches. he doesn't like to do it every month or couple month i forget but his family supports it because he needs it. he just grounds them up into capsules takes a few and lays around while he's on them and waits for it to wear off. apparently he's good to go afterward.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
stricken
Gold Boarder

#117135 2 years, 7 months ago
The more i read this thread the more depressed i get. Hum!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#117450 2 years, 7 months ago
stricken wrote:
The more i read this thread the more depressed i get. Hum!

And these cluster headaches - whatever the heck they are - I think I may have them....... hmmmmmm
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#117973 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
volare wrote:
i don't think that the study is suggesting that mushrooms are an instant cure for feeling down/depressed at that moment but rather a long-term benefit for those who suffer from prolonged clinical depression.

I met a young woman recently who swears by psilocybin as the only thing which controls her cluster headaches....and she claims to take much less than a psychedelic dose, something in the .5-1g range every few weeks.

dude i actually saw something on nat geo or one of those channels about an older gentleman uses them for the same reason. he's not the druggie type but uses the mushrooms because he swears they are the only preventative measure he can take to stop the cluster headaches. he doesn't like to do it every month or couple month i forget but his family supports it because he needs it. he just grounds them up into capsules takes a few and lays around while he's on them and waits for it to wear off. apparently he's good to go afterward.

drugs inc I think- psylocibin episode. It was a great episode. I am reading this book:

psypressuk.com/2011/12/28/literary-revie...do-gonzalez-celdran/

and I really think 'shrooms and other simmilar natural drugs were a central part of our society (ie pre-written history), but because of christianity, the explicit connections have been purposefully blurred. The bridge must be through the church... not through god's own plants, apparently.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by lostsailor.
volare
Senior Boarder

#117998 2 years, 7 months ago
You should also check out Food of the Gods by Terrence McKenna. It gets a little rambly at times, but certainly some interesting ideas....

I have an electronic copy, let me know and I can email it to you.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by volare.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds