• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Ratdog in 2012(i told you so)

#116797 2 years, 7 months ago
im a happy camper.
they went to the trouble to do a stealth sweetwater show, and produce a reunion poster for it,
soooooo, i would guese they are at least goin do a short tour, probably on the west, though i wouldnt put it past em, do a few shows in other choice locations,
that being said.
what i think is WAY OVERDUE, is a NEW RATDOG ALBUM. there are enough original RD songs that didnt make it on evening moods, make it a TRI live album recorded over like 3 days, and then cherry pic.
just a thougth.
wooof muthafunkn woof
cant wait to see RATDOG live again.
great time to be a dead head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: Ratdog in 2012(i told you so)

#116806 2 years, 7 months ago
Private show.Nothing stealth about it.Poster made up for those who went.I couldn't care less about a tour myself.The TRI show was not very good to be honest.Some time together might help but I don't see it happening
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#117144 2 years, 7 months ago
Man, I loved that TRI show, and if Furthur slows down or goes on hiatus, I'd totally be down for a full on Ratdog tour. I like all the side projects though. I listened to the Xmas Jam and Phil is killing it! I can't wait for Broomfiield. I caught Mickey in December, and had my face melted. 7 Walkers is unbelievable. I feel blessed to have all this amazing Dead related music out there.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#117157 2 years, 7 months ago
i really hope bob pursues other projects and more live music, IMO the last thing we need is another ratdog album

MORE songs to take up time where i could be listening to extended jam sessions or a good ol GD tune? no thanks. ive noticed the true magic and instrumental mastery seems to shine thru on GD songs moreso than anything else they play. if that magic came thru as strongly when they preform a ratdog tune, then hell, id love to see a show comprised entirely of ratdog tunes, but it doesnt happen that way

i get the feeling a really killer ratdog show is hard to come by...im sure every show they do is well done, and has its moments...but the kind of experiences furthur delivers, the all night relentless divinity and mind fuckery, i get the feeling ratdog plays those shows ALOT less than the clunker, go nowhere type stuff they played on TRI(except for cassidy>birdsong>stuff...AMAZING)...so while id try to see every ratdog show i could, id much rather see furthur, PLF, weir/robinson/greene trio, or more stuff from the ensable weir had for the original tri webcast...weir, lane, chimenti, wasserman, and kimock. that show was lightyears better than the tri ratdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#117164 2 years, 7 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Man, I loved that TRI show, and if Furthur slows down or goes on hiatus, I'd totally be down for a full on Ratdog tour. I like all the side projects though. I listened to the Xmas Jam and Phil is killing it! I can't wait for Broomfiield. I caught Mickey in December, and had my face melted. 7 Walkers is unbelievable. I feel blessed to have all this amazing Dead related music out there.

Thanks deadontheriver for the patches. I sewed them on finally.

IMAG0280.jpg
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#117187 2 years, 7 months ago
you know ratdog is probably just not your speed if you didnt think the TRI thing was good, im not sayin it was stellar or epic or any of the other lame ass words that people use to describe music nowadays, but i seriously enjoyed it, thought everyone performed great, though ratdog to me has been a band that relies on the interplay between jeff and kenny, with mark throwin solos in here and there,i love Steve but, 3 guitars, 2 saxs, it was kinda like someone had to be the 3rd wheel you know, it aint like everyone can solo every song, but thye are all good enough too.
i have seen better ratdog shows mysefl, but these guys havent played together in awhile(xspecially wassy and dave)
so ok, alot of younger deadheads want to see a band that sounds like the band on dicks picks, well that aint ratdog, and some older deadheads want to see that too, well be glad there is DSO, and phil and friends, they fill htat notch, and yes they do it better than ratdog, but its because ratdog is not trying to fill that notch, they arent tryin to melt your face like the good ol' GD did, they are trying something new. like billy and 7 walkers, and Mickey band, and Dave nelson, and kimock and beats antique and so many other groups that are actually goin "furthur" not just makin set liist that look like they were pullled outa a hat.
that said, i still think furthur is an awsome band, just a different kind of band than ratdog.
im thankful that the boys finally got passed tryin to reunite the GD and keep on truckin or whatever, and started just makin music that they enjoy makin. and i think they are doin that with furthur. so, you know, see you all out there.
seriously though, why so many people like to get on the net and hate you know.
internet message boards are full of people who vent their feelings about themselves onto strangers.
myself included.
you all kick major ass, and are gettin sexier with age.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
kfender
Gold Boarder

#117344 2 years, 7 months ago
Ratdog has provided me some of the finest moments in my showgoing career.But never really caught a complete monster show.I think it maybe just me but I don't really dig hearing Bobby sing every song.It leaves too many opportunities to totally forget whole verses to songs which I have seen more than once.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#117388 2 years, 7 months ago
Some of these may change a few minds about Ratdog shows. These were some pretty monster ratdog shows and i remember it being a non stop ride of crazy energy....pit tickets right in front of mark for Boston! The boston show I could not find on archive though i did find these other super tasty shows i forgot about from new york and springfield,ma.

10/18/2003 Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA

I: Jam > Jack Straw > Dark Star > Odessa, Weather Report Suite Prelude/Part 1@ > Let It Grow > Tennessee Jed > Wang Dang Doodle > She Says > Liberty

II: El Paso@3, Corrina@ > Love Supreme Jam > Truckin > The Other One > Dark Star > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Dear Prudence > Sugar Magnolia

E: One More Saturday Night

Bob before encore: "I only have one thing to say: Fuck the Yankees... best damn sports team money can buy"
@-acoustic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/28/2003 Smith Opera House, Geneva, NY
www.archive.org/details/ratdog2003-10-28...ckerman.burke.flac24

I: Jam > Playin in the Band > I Need a Miracle > Wang Dang Doodle > Wrong Way Feelin' > Weather Report Suite Prelude/Part 1@ > Let It Grow, Artificial Flowers > West L.A. Fadeaway

II: City Girls@4, Memphis Blues > Shade of Grey > Playin Jam > Hell in a Bucket > He's Gone > Astronomy Domine > Stuff > Wharf Rat > Playin in the Band (reprise) > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
E: Johnny B. Goode

"Stuff" included "Other One" jam; Stuff - Jay/Robin/Kenny/Jeff/MK
First ''Astronomy Domine''; Next ''Astronomy Domine'' 3/29/2005 [57 shows]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/15/2007 Hippodrome, Springfield, MA
www.archive.org/details/rd2007-03-15.lsd2.83783.flac16

I: Jam > The Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion > All Along the Watchtower > Josephine, Lucky Enough > Tuesday Blues > Silvio > Tequila > Silvio > Tequila > Silvio, Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance > Might as Well

II: Peggy-O@4, Desolation Row@4>5 > Cold Rain and Snow > I Need a Miracle > The Wheel > Stuff > Knockin on Heaven's Door > St. Stephen > William Tell Bridge > The Eleven

E: Good Lovin
(Mark Karan's 550th Show)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#117389 2 years, 7 months ago
check out the dark star half first set and then the second set of boston orpheum show.... did they just do that? yes they did!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#117397 2 years, 7 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
im a happy camper.
they went to the trouble to do a stealth sweetwater show, and produce a reunion poster for it,
soooooo, i would guese they are at least goin do a short tour, probably on the west, though i wouldnt put it past em, do a few shows in other choice locations,
that being said.
what i think is WAY OVERDUE, is a NEW RATDOG ALBUM. there are enough original RD songs that didnt make it on evening moods, make it a TRI live album recorded over like 3 days, and then cherry pic.
just a thougth.
wooof muthafunkn woof
cant wait to see RATDOG live again.
great time to be a dead head.

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds