• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
WorkingmansEd
Junior Boarder

Re: It's always been about the music

#11820 3 years, 4 months ago
At the Friday night Tower show there was a guy and a girl behind me carrying on an extremely drunken, extremely loud and obnoxious conversation during Rosemary.

Rosemary.

The quietest tune, one of the rarest tunes, and a beautiful gem that needs particular listening attention to appreciate fully. Unless, of course, you're a coors light swilling, cell phone gabbing, here for the party custy.
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#11821 3 years, 4 months ago
Someone on the radio suggested getting shirts that said STFU. Maybe it could also say Ask me what this means.

ps

In response to some of the comments and I will probably take a hit here but:

Dead Heads should not drink. I've been saying this alcohol seemed to become the drug of choice in the parking lots
Philzone Phan
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by jbyerly.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#11835 3 years, 4 months ago
Never drank, Never will!
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#11838 3 years, 4 months ago
I completely agree. People don't know what they're missing. I like the freedom principles that Deadheads have and that we try not to dictate or judge the behavior of others, but alcohol just makes you stupid and we should know better. We have been blessed with access to far superior mind-altering substances. I am so grateful for that~!

People like a beer or two after the show, not for me but no problem, but why do you have to hold on to a beer that you barely sip while the band is playing... the whole time?

I have this theory that the beer acts as an 'excuse' for people who are shy to dance.

Yep, I haven't mentioned anything like this either yet because I knew it would be inviting all kinds of inflammatory response.

oh well...

Philharmonia this year: the crowd was small and really quiet, there was no beer and free water. The best!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#11844 3 years, 4 months ago
A lot of people like drinking with phychedelics to which I can't tell you personally since I don't drink but I always seen it as ruining the true phychedelic experience.
Lynx
Visitor

#11850 3 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
A lot of people like drinking with phychedelics to which I can't tell you personally since I don't drink but I always seen it as ruining the true phychedelic experience.

I love you mushroom man but sometimes a belt of whiskey helps bring me back when those psilly things get a little too intense. Doesn't ruin the experience for me at all and I respect the hell out of those things as much as anyone.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by . Reason: peace of mind
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#11853 3 years, 4 months ago
lol I hear you man - its what everyones doing but im completly satisfied as is, no need for a change.
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#11862 3 years, 4 months ago
I like to think I'm a pretty tolerant person, but one thing I absolutely cannot stand is people who talk during shows!! Sure a random comment here and there about how great the music is, or something equally relevant, is fine but the folks who talk talk talk talk talk during the entire show drive me bananas!!! I'm at a show to hear the music, not your meaningless conversation.

Thinking about getting this for summer tour.....
detail_bigtext_mock_screen.jpg
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by brobnsita.
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#11957 3 years, 4 months ago
brobnsita,

Are they on sale somewhere?
Philzone Phan
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#12053 3 years, 4 months ago