• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

Re: whats the weirdest thing youve seen in a show

#116943 2 years, 6 months ago
I wish I could describe the weird things I saw when I was dosed to the gills!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, will work for doses
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#116986 2 years, 6 months ago
Was anyone on the floor of last year's Broomfield shows? There was a bundle of stuff covered up by a tapestry that was the size of a VW bug. I think it was my own trippy / paranoid self that kept thinking someone was trying to hide a sick friend or two. I guess my imagination gets going a bit too far sometimes, but seriously, why bring in so much crap to a show where we could be dancin!
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#116987 2 years, 6 months ago
Albany 1990, in the hallway at setbreak, there was a group of about six sitting in a circle passing around a head of lettuce. They would tear off a piece and just keep passing it.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#117043 2 years, 6 months ago
This is a fun thread!

Not too strange but was funny as hell at the time... Lazy Daze Campground after a Charlotte N.C. show in '92 or so. Place was packed and we were late getting to the campground after the show. We parked in a corner next to the woods and were next to 6 or 8 very country people who were enjoying what they called a "redneck lightshow". It was an old coleman latern being swung in wide circles as it hung by a rope from a tree limb. They were serious about that light and kept it swinging a long time. Was just odd talking with them. A couple of them were very self consious about being the rednecks that night.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#117046 2 years, 6 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Take your pick: a guy clumping around with two watermelon halves on his feet in lieu of rain boots during the '83 Merriweather Post Pavilion deluge show; or a couple having sex under the bleachers in full view of passersby during the '83 Minneapolis/St. Paul show.

I missed that at St. Paul '83, but did see a couple who had just come from their wedding in dress and tux to dance with the Dead. Maybe they were the ones under the bleachers!!
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#117048 2 years, 6 months ago
The weirdest thing that comes to mind is at the Greek 6.14.85. We're standing at the top to the hill and I look behind me where the security fence is. On the other side of the fence it slopes down, and there's brush/trees. I see this guy coming up the slope, crouched down on all fours. All of a sudden this blue coat security guy appears and he has what looks like a 10' piece of very small diameter plastic pipe that is filled with something. The security guy lays this across the back of the guy trying to sneak in, and is unsuccessful trying to stop him. The guy scaled the fence and was in for the start of the second set. Now I'm pretty sure I did see this, although it was shortly after that I started peaking. Then the band came back out and melted my mind as they opened the second set with Dew. Aaahhhhh, good times.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#117123 2 years, 6 months ago
At the Furthur fest in caliveris county I saw a crazy naked man jump on the back of a cop's moving golf cart yeling I'm optimus
prime.

maybe you had too much too fast
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
stricken
Gold Boarder

#117129 2 years, 6 months ago
At the d.c. Dead show in 08 spring. I was enjoying the show from my nose bleed seat. It was in the back of the venue and this girl about 25 or so and her two friends were sitting behind me. They seemed to be having a good time when all at once during the second set she decided to leap head first like she was diving into a pool. It happen so quick i couldnt grab her foot and was helpless to watch her slide down on the tops of the seats and peoples heads as she got ever closer to the edge of the balcony.
Lucky for her about 3 rows from the edge she fell into a empty seat. They the ushers came and carried her away while she was proclaming everything was ok and she could fly.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#117142 2 years, 6 months ago
I can't think of anything to weird, but that word has a bad connotation to me. I have seen a lot of interesting things, but pretty sure I was the only one seeing them that way. I had a lot of help from my friends out of santos.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#117145 2 years, 6 months ago
Gr8fullBear wrote:
This is a fun thread!

Not too strange but was funny as hell at the time... Lazy Daze Campground after a Charlotte N.C. show in '92 or so. Place was packed and we were late getting to the campground after the show. We parked in a corner next to the woods and were next to 6 or 8 very country people who were enjoying what they called a "redneck lightshow". It was an old coleman latern being swung in wide circles as it hung by a rope from a tree limb. They were serious about that light and kept it swinging a long time. Was just odd talking with them. A couple of them were very self consious about being the rednecks that night.

THE LAZY DAZE what a great memory. I loved that campground.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fullBear
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds