• Topics not covered in other forums.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Anyone watching Marijuana stocks??

#116588 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
splatter_face wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
wow I had no idea there was a such thing as 'marijuana stocks' - I guess I shouldn't of stopped reading my High Times. I never ment to stop it just got to be to much and now I probably have the last 6+ issues sitting around unopened from my subscription....

I have not seen a High Times in forever. do they still have the whatever it was 100 on the back page? I am going to order it now I think

last issue I had it was the 'Pot 40' ........ it must have been a really long time since you read it cause the 'Hemp 100' your thinking of was ages ago, I think the 90s. They may have called it the pot 100 for a short while, then got rid of it for a long time but it's been back as the pot 40 for a while.... it always bothered me rarely seeing anything Dead related in there while phish was always near the top....

yeah it was definitely the 90's....I remember bands like Petty, marshall tucker, allmans and Phish. I am sure GD was on there also
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#116591 2 years, 8 months ago
yea I actually have a HUGE collection of High Times, I think I'm missing less then 50 issues since they started in 74' (I'm only 25 but have been collecting on e-bay and what not) and the Grateful Dead were in there a lot, unfortunatley today it's mostly Rap and other new junk. I do recall a cool interview with Johnny Winter a year or 2 ago, but of course it was way shorter then the interviews used to be.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#116596 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
is it plentiful down there in st croix island head??

Yes, very plentiful, good quality, locally grown and flown in from Cali.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#116630 2 years, 8 months ago
well that's good to hear IH

getting it flown in from cali seems to be a popular trend
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#116684 2 years, 8 months ago
Sounds like a great idea!

God bless the dispensaries!! The only way to obtain top notch edibles. Just got to hope the feds keep their damn noses out of the state's business.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#116685 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm getting the munchies reading this thread.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#116701 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

God bless the dispensaries!! The only way to obtain top notch edibles. Just got to hope the feds keep their damn noses out of the state's business.

This is the biggest concern with investing in any MJ stocks. If the Feds decide to get heavy handed, these stocks could become worthless in less than a day!
Takin' it in stride!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#116729 2 years, 8 months ago
buckle up strider were going off the deep end at wanee
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#116734 2 years, 8 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

This is the biggest concern with investing in any MJ stocks. If the Feds decide to get heavy handed, these stocks could become worthless in less than a day!

That's a real risk. And then you've also got a downside with these particular companies if the Feds go the other way and legalize or nearly-legalize home growing and consumption, because that's going to either drive the dispensaries out of business or at a minimum drastically reduce prices as their customer base decreases. Almost seems like a company involved in indoor growing might be a better option. I wonder if there are any public companies making bulbs or other hydroponics equipment. At least there's only downside in one direction for that. I may actually do some research on that one myself, though I'm a fairly conservative investor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
Chester
More or less in line

#116757 2 years, 8 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I'm getting the munchies reading this thread.

Me too. Interesting stuff.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds