• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Random questions/thoughts @3AM...

#116678 2 years, 7 months ago
No matter how much you have. 100 dollars, or 100 million dollars, it's human nature to live up to your means.
As long as you have enough to live a healthy life, and be reasonably happy.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: volare
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#116705 2 years, 7 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Maybe not so random. I think about that all the time, maybe more than I should.

I play the lottery regularly. Games with prizes ranging from 50,000 and up. I have specific plans for each level of win. Any one of the wins is a life changing amount, even the 50,000. Refinancing the house to a small payment would change a lot, for example. Catch a few shows.

500,000 pay off house and live here, maybe buy a small business, coffee shop or something. Catch a lot of shows.

2,000,000 maybe buy new house, maybe just put a pool in my yard or something. Maybe buy a little larger business, but still work. Plenty of shows.

5,000,000 no work, new house, investments, carefully maintained expenses, lots and lots of shows.

10,000,000 fat new house with pool etc, etc views, no work, throw a few ass kicking party's like every weekend.

Anything over that is up to your imagination. In that case I would have a vivid imagination.

I think I may think about it to much. I don't overspend on the lottery either, 20 a week, on 4 different games. I am in every powerball, mega millions, lotto, and pick 5. I have numbers coming up every day. I think it gives me the coverage. That's all it takes, being in the drawing. I buy 1 powerball $2, 2 mega mil $2, 2 lotto $2, pick 5 a dollar a day for 4 days $4. That's $10, and I do it twice a week. I don't have a lot of numbers in any one game, but I'm spread out in a few games. I'm casting a wider net. I seriously doubt I will win. Trust me, all I'm doing is giving it an honest shot.

I get a ton of entertainment thinking about what I would do with the money

I'm glad it's not just me! Though I only go for the big bucks, Megamillions and Powerball, and I've cut back to $4/week, rather than $10. But I've got the same very detailed plans, depending on the amount. It's just great fantasy fun to think about! Mostly house and travel related; I search the local real estate listings regularly and check out the big houses on the market (tho I love my little house in the woods). I even have a notebook of graph paper where I design my own lotto houses; they all have an indoor pool. I figure I don't spend a lot of money on entertainment, so it's worth it, especially when I win a little on occasion.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#116758 2 years, 7 months ago
I look at houses in the 500,000 to 1,000,000 range, and If I'm real bored, over 1,000,000. LOl.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#116760 2 years, 7 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
I look at houses in the 500,000 to 1,000,000 range, and If I'm real bored, over 1,000,000. LOl.

I start at a minimum of $600,000, 5 acres and 3500 sq ft, and only go up from there, depending on jackpot size. I dream big!
Chester
More or less in line

#116764 2 years, 7 months ago
Ok, I thought the question was, how much money do you need. So if we're talking fantasy here,
you guys are thinking too small. I'd have my own island. With a heliport and a submarine!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#116770 2 years, 7 months ago
For what it's worth, which may be nothing since everyone is different, but I know a couple that lived and earned modestly before coming into millions of dollars about 5 years ago. They bought a big house (4k sqft) with all the trappings. Now they can't wait for the market to recover so they can sell it and get a smaller place. They only use about half of the house, main floor but not finished lower level, only 2 of the 5 bedrooms. They could easily hire help, but since they don't need to work, she cleans the house and he mows the 3+ acres. She's tired of cleaning areas that are never used and he is tired of mowing a"field". Buyers remorse, or not realizing what you really need to be happy, or something else. But for whatever reason, they want out of their "Overlook Hotel" before the Shining sets in.
Takin' it in stride!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#116779 2 years, 7 months ago
I would still be looking for room, and a good view.

Not to mention I like my house now. If I could fix it up some it would be fine for me for the rest of my life.

Probably will be anyway.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#116886 2 years, 7 months ago
This seems to come up at a lot of gatherings/partys. The question is usually how much $$$ would it take to never have to work again. For me, the math works out to a single payment pretax amount of $6,000,000 (and I'm less than 20 yrs from retiring). Think about the cost of health insurance for a lifetime. And then think about being able to afford to do whatever the hell you want. For me that would be spending 200-300 days a year camping all over the continent (planet) and photographing all that Nature has to offer. And of course catching every possible show (and making sure others could too!). The biggest challenge might be staying away from the nearest Ferraris-R-Us store! Hey- at least I'd put a couple of Dead stickers on it; even have ideas for Dead themed personalized plates. The truth is I can only justify/rationalize the expense of lottery tickets when it gets over $200,000,000.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#116898 2 years, 7 months ago
Poverty is never having enough.
Never having enough to pay your bills at the end of the month and
even though you have made millions its still never enough.

"you've got an empty cup, only love can fill"
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#116923 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Ok, I thought the question was, how much money do you need. So if we're talking fantasy here,
you guys are thinking too small. I'd have my own island. With a heliport and a submarine!

Oh yeah?! Well, I want a X wing fighter from Star Wars and I'll attack your island and rename it Hell Island where I'll train robots I've built to take over the world! All this for $20.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds