• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder

Random questions/thoughts @3AM...

#116528 2 years, 8 months ago
Exactly how much money does one person need to live a worry and stress free life?
When does accumulating cash become the equivalent of hoarding cats?
Shouldn't tallying one's "capital gains" be more a measure of your life's experiences than your ability to amass money?

Just asking....
furthur1
Junior Boarder

Re: Random questions/thoughts @3AM...

#116530 2 years, 8 months ago
Are you living in America? Cause capitalism is king in America. Tibet however is more your place. Make something happen.
さらに、
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#116531 2 years, 8 months ago
I was just thinking about that on my way home from work. I am pretty sure that if I won $500,000 in the lottery I could live a very nice lifestyle and never have to do "real work" again. I would score a job at a ski hill in Colorado and save the $500 K for retirement and for my kids after I leave the earth. Really though the amount of money you need depends on the amount of "stuff" you need. Food, clothing and shelter can be handled with a modest salary. I don't need much but would never want to be an added expense to my kids when I get old and can't take care of myself financially.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#116558 2 years, 8 months ago
Maybe not so random. I think about that all the time, maybe more than I should.

I play the lottery regularly. Games with prizes ranging from 50,000 and up. I have specific plans for each level of win. Any one of the wins is a life changing amount, even the 50,000. Refinancing the house to a small payment would change a lot, for example. Catch a few shows.

500,000 pay off house and live here, maybe buy a small business, coffee shop or something. Catch a lot of shows.

2,000,000 maybe buy new house, maybe just put a pool in my yard or something. Maybe buy a little larger business, but still work. Plenty of shows.

5,000,000 no work, new house, investments, carefully maintained expenses, lots and lots of shows.

10,000,000 fat new house with pool etc, etc views, no work, throw a few ass kicking party's like every weekend.

Anything over that is up to your imagination. In that case I would have a vivid imagination.

I think I may think about it to much. I don't overspend on the lottery either, 20 a week, on 4 different games. I am in every powerball, mega millions, lotto, and pick 5. I have numbers coming up every day. I think it gives me the coverage. That's all it takes, being in the drawing. I buy 1 powerball $2, 2 mega mil $2, 2 lotto $2, pick 5 a dollar a day for 4 days $4. That's $10, and I do it twice a week. I don't have a lot of numbers in any one game, but I'm spread out in a few games. I'm casting a wider net. I seriously doubt I will win. Trust me, all I'm doing is giving it an honest shot.

I get a ton of entertainment thinking about what I would do with the money.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#116560 2 years, 8 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Maybe not so random. I think about that all the time, maybe more than I should.

I play the lottery regularly. Games with prizes ranging from 50,000 and up. I have specific plans for each level of win. Any one of the wins is a life changing amount, even the 50,000. Refinancing the house to a small payment would change a lot, for example. Catch a few shows.

500,000 pay off house and live here, maybe buy a small business, coffee shop or something. Catch a lot of shows.

2,000,000 maybe buy new house, maybe just put a pool in my yard or something. Maybe buy a little larger business, but still work. Plenty of shows.

5,000,000 no work, new house, investments, carefully maintained expenses, lots and lots of shows.

10,000,000 fat new house with pool etc, etc views, no work, throw a few ass kicking party's like every weekend.

Anything over that is up to your imagination. In that case I would have a vivid imagination.

I think I may think about it to much. I don't overspend on the lottery either, 20 a week, on 4 different games. I am in every powerball, mega millions, lotto, and pick 5. I have numbers coming up every day. I think it gives me the coverage. That's all it takes, being in the drawing. I buy 1 powerball $2, 2 mega mil $2, 2 lotto $2, pick 5 a dollar a day for 4 days $4. That's $10, and I do it twice a week. I don't have a lot of numbers in any one game, but I'm spread out in a few games. I'm casting a wider net. I seriously doubt I will win. Trust me, all I'm doing is giving it an honest shot.

I get a ton of entertainment thinking about what I would do with the money.
aka > Redneck 401k. But I think everbody is guilty of that, to a certain extent.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by strangerinboulder.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#116564 2 years, 8 months ago
I dont know the right answer to those questions. I just never really cared whether I had money or not. Never felt like things got so bad that my family had to worry. I got a decent paying job so we're comfortable, but even if I didnt work, I feel we would be all right.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#116590 2 years, 8 months ago
captaintony wrote:
I dont know the right answer to those questions. I just never really cared whether I had money or not. Never felt like things got so bad that my family had to worry. I got a decent paying job so we're comfortable, but even if I didnt work, I feel we would be all right.

I had a steady job.....hauling items for the mob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#116593 2 years, 8 months ago
In the back of my mind there is the 'you just never know' factor.

Might as well play if I can.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#116632 2 years, 8 months ago
If had 350k, I would live real well. I would by a house free and clear and still have a little job that I like. Not having a house payment would do the trick.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#116637 2 years, 8 months ago
i would buy an RV and live on the road. invest most of the money and have one nice fat ass checking account to live off of.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, Strider1, hastoloverush
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds