• Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Neil Young: Hope Crazy Horse rumor is true

#116074 2 years, 7 months ago
RUMORS NEIL IS RECORDING A
NEW ALBUM WITH CRAZY HORSE FOR SPRING RELEASE

Neil Young
Neil Young is said to be recording a new record with Crazy Horse for a possible Spring release, according to Rolling Stone.
While there's been no official confirmation, Rolling Stone points to Young fansite Thrasher's Wheat, who reported that Young broke the news while speaking to an audience at the Slamdance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. Young was there to promote his film Journeys directed by Jonathan Demme. When Crazy Horse drummer Ralph Molina was questioned by fans on Facebook about the rumor, he responded with a "Yes!".

In 2008, Young discussed Toast with Rolling Stone, an unreleased album he recorded with Crazy Horse back in 2000. "It's great rock & roll, very moody, kind of jazzy," he said. "It's really dark. It's got everything that the best Crazy Horse albums have had. It won't be the most commercial Crazy Horse album ever out." Fans are speculating that Toast will finally see the light of day as Neil gears back up with Crazy Horse.

If true, this will be Neil's first record with the full lineup of Crazy Horse since Broken Arrow in 1996. The last Neil album to feature Crazy Horse was 2003's Greendale, though that record didn't include guitarist Frank "Poncho" Sampedro. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

Neil Young Tour Dates :: Neil Young New
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, scar1et_f1re
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Neil Young: Hope Crazy Horse rumor is true

#116080 2 years, 7 months ago
I hope they tour this summer. It's been awhile since I've seen Crazy Horse. The world's greatest garage band!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#116107 2 years, 7 months ago
It's true. But no word on a tour. But there has to be one, don't you think?

www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/25/nei...azy-horse-new-albums

here's a portion from the article

Neil Young has reunited with his legendary backing band Crazy Horse to work on two albums he hopes to release this year. Although the singer's plans remain unclear, he has said he is recording with the band for the first time since 2003, when part of Crazy Horse played on the Greendale album. The last Young album to feature the full band was Broken Arrow in 1996.

The singer revealed the news at a masterclass with director Jonathan Demme during the Slamdance film festival in Park City, Utah. They were there to present Journeys, their third film together, a concert documentary shot in Toronto in May 2011. Young told the audience he and Crazy Horse had completed one new album with another in progress. The crowd, according to one attendee, "erupted in applause".
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#116113 2 years, 7 months ago
Great news, if it pans out. With Neil, of course, you never know. If there's a tour I'll certainly be there. Hardly ever miss Neil.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#116220 2 years, 7 months ago
Such awesome news !!! I hope has both acoustic and electric tracks . I hope it's as badass as anticipated
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#116222 2 years, 7 months ago
I'll see Neil. Any Neil is good Neil except that strange 80's stuff. Well it was the 80s
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#116235 2 years, 7 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I'll see Neil. Any Neil is good Neil except that strange 80's stuff. Well it was the 80s

Ah, Neil in the early 80's. Remember "Trans"? I saw a couple shows on that tour. He did mostly solo acoustic, but then he came out with a headset and pre-programed computer tracks and did this weird shit like a song called "Transformer Man". Later that tour I saw another show right after "Neil and the Shocking Pinks" was released, where he did half the show with his hair greased back, playing rockabilly on the piano dressed like Jerry Lee Lewis or something. Neil, he's a weird guy, but we love him!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#116277 2 years, 7 months ago
Hope for a chance to see him soon.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

#116316 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I hope they tour this summer. It's been awhile since I've seen Crazy Horse. The world's greatest garage band!!

Actually, the world's 3rd-greatest garage band, if you remember the 1986 tour correctly.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#116332 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Bakes wrote:

Ah, Neil in the early 80's. Remember "Trans"? I saw a couple shows on that tour. He did mostly solo acoustic, but then he came out with a headset and pre-programed computer tracks and did this weird shit like a song called "Transformer Man". Later that tour I saw another show right after "Neil and the Shocking Pinks" was released, where he did half the show with his hair greased back, playing rockabilly on the piano dressed like Jerry Lee Lewis or something. Neil, he's a weird guy, but we love him!!

A little ejumication for the kids

p.s. I loves me the Trans...Shocking Pinks, not so much.
Time to create page: 2.88 seconds