• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

Re: The Core Four, Chimenti, JK, and The Backups

#11921 3 years, 5 months ago
Change NOTHING please.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#11960 3 years, 5 months ago
If there is to be any change it should be bring back Jay Lane. Im sure hes still busy with Primus but damn Jay really knows how to move a crowd.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#12036 3 years, 5 months ago
So lemme get this straight...the basic consensus is that Russo is better than the Rythym Devils?

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

Russo is good and a good fit for right now but to say he is a better fit than Mickey and Billy is ridiculous.

Mickey and Billy INVENTED the rythym section of this music. THEY OWN IT. Russo is an asterisk.

I am happy with what I am hearing now but I would eventually like to see Billy and Mickey back...shoot me.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Okie.
EProphet
Junior Boarder

#12060 3 years, 5 months ago
Okie wrote:
So lemme get this straight...the basic consensus is that Russo is better than the Rythym Devils?

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

Russo is good and a good fit for right now but to say he is a better fit than Mickey and Billy is ridiculous.

Mickey and Billy INVENTED the rythym section of this music. THEY OWN IT. Russo is an asterisk.

I am happy with what I am hearing now but I would eventually like to see Billy and Mickey back...shoot me.

I prefer one drummer era Grateful Dead music 1971-1974
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#12061 3 years, 5 months ago
What they really need is a shaker.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#12065 3 years, 5 months ago
Okie wrote:

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

when they were in their prime i would say they were awesome however now i think not so much.A one time deal as a nostaglia act okay but be prepared topay huge fees,i would imagine they need extra crew one guy just for the hot tar;) and another 1/2 trailer for "the beast" plus im sure bill and mick want to get paid
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lockstar
Fresh Boarder

#12234 3 years, 5 months ago
GrayFolded wrote:
I'm sure i will have rocks thrown at me, but Billy and Mickey sounded tired and bored about 5 shows into Dead 2009...I thought Mickey on Percussion (instead of a kit) was a great addition but Billy just sounded really bored with them...
I hate to say it, but they seemed to get worse as Tour went on...

And 2nd Set Drums got really boring as the Tour went on, it was just so predictable (just like the 80's and 90's) where the set was going about 2 songs in...

I was sad when Jay Lane left the band and was hoping that Molo would have become the 2nd drummer, but Russo is really coming into his own right now and the music is sounding really tight...

slowly grabs rock...puts it down....grabs bigger rock(too heavy)....puts it down....finds a stick....sharpens it....puts a marshmallow on the end....roasts it....contemplates flinging it...then eats it.
absolutely beautiful
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#12261 3 years, 5 months ago
Gr8fulauditors wrote:
Change NOTHING please.

I'd only change one thing: MORE SHOWS!!!!!
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#12287 3 years, 5 months ago
no matter what formation they take on in the future, i'll be there. lets just enjoy the music.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12345 3 years, 5 months ago
I would lvoe for this to happen. I think it woudl be a lot better than the Dead in 09 just because of JK playing instead of Warren. However, they would ahve to play huge stadiums again, not the intimate theaters they've been hititng. Ticket prices would be in the 100s again, which totally blew in 09. And I'd have to sit through a 20 min drums and space segment...

So... I mena... if the core 4 wants to go back out together, I'll be there for sure. But I'm quite quite happy with Furthur and hope they keep Furthur going until they can't play anymore!
sully72
Fresh Boarder

#12838 3 years, 5 months ago
I think the band is perfect as it is right now. Truth be told, having Russo in there gives the music new life. As much as I miss the GD "sound" that Billy and Mickey bring to the table, I think Furthur has something really special going right now and it would be foolish to mess with it.
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#13190 3 years, 5 months ago
I'll take Furthur right now over The Dead '09. Let Mickie and Billy continue doing what they are doing.
As long as Furthur continues to keep things fresh and it's fun going to their shows..I'm happy.
I saw 5 shows last tour, and thought 4 of them were really good (Sat nite BB the weak one).

Sam L.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds