• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lockstar
Fresh Boarder

Re: The Core Four, Chimenti, JK, and The Backups

#12234 3 years, 3 months ago
GrayFolded wrote:
I'm sure i will have rocks thrown at me, but Billy and Mickey sounded tired and bored about 5 shows into Dead 2009...I thought Mickey on Percussion (instead of a kit) was a great addition but Billy just sounded really bored with them...
I hate to say it, but they seemed to get worse as Tour went on...

And 2nd Set Drums got really boring as the Tour went on, it was just so predictable (just like the 80's and 90's) where the set was going about 2 songs in...

I was sad when Jay Lane left the band and was hoping that Molo would have become the 2nd drummer, but Russo is really coming into his own right now and the music is sounding really tight...

slowly grabs rock...puts it down....grabs bigger rock(too heavy)....puts it down....finds a stick....sharpens it....puts a marshmallow on the end....roasts it....contemplates flinging it...then eats it.
absolutely beautiful
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#12261 3 years, 3 months ago
Gr8fulauditors wrote:
Change NOTHING please.

I'd only change one thing: MORE SHOWS!!!!!
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#12287 3 years, 3 months ago
no matter what formation they take on in the future, i'll be there. lets just enjoy the music.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12345 3 years, 3 months ago
I would lvoe for this to happen. I think it woudl be a lot better than the Dead in 09 just because of JK playing instead of Warren. However, they would ahve to play huge stadiums again, not the intimate theaters they've been hititng. Ticket prices would be in the 100s again, which totally blew in 09. And I'd have to sit through a 20 min drums and space segment...

So... I mena... if the core 4 wants to go back out together, I'll be there for sure. But I'm quite quite happy with Furthur and hope they keep Furthur going until they can't play anymore!
sully72
Fresh Boarder

#12838 3 years, 3 months ago
I think the band is perfect as it is right now. Truth be told, having Russo in there gives the music new life. As much as I miss the GD "sound" that Billy and Mickey bring to the table, I think Furthur has something really special going right now and it would be foolish to mess with it.
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#13190 3 years, 3 months ago
I'll take Furthur right now over The Dead '09. Let Mickie and Billy continue doing what they are doing.
As long as Furthur continues to keep things fresh and it's fun going to their shows..I'm happy.
I saw 5 shows last tour, and thought 4 of them were really good (Sat nite BB the weak one).

Sam L.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#13198 3 years, 3 months ago
Sat night Best Buy weak? wow.

They were def into it that night, I thought it was one of the best nights there, 1st set especially!

was that the night that when they walked out bobby turned around to Phil, in a real happy mood and held out his arms and shook them a little (i think Phil did the same) while smileing and laughing ---it seemed like some kind of inside joke or something but like they were giving the impression of not being sober.....

Anybody else notice this? ........it may not have been Sat but was either friday or saturday - I'm actually thinking it might have been friday now.
hyjacker
Junior Boarder

#13248 3 years, 3 months ago
Just fine with Furthur as it is and after 35 years of shows I could go the rest of the way without another 20 min drum solo. Mayne Im just getting old
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

#13289 3 years, 3 months ago
Im crossing my fingers that there will be such a sit-in at GOTV. Maybe just wishful thinking, but if the boys are going to be playing the same fest..
I am a huge Russo fan now, but it would be great to see just for old times sake.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds