• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
WorkingmansEd
Junior Boarder

Re: The Core Four, Chimenti, JK, and The Backups

#11801 3 years, 4 months ago
Let 'em play with whoever they want!

I'd love to see a Furthur and Friends type deal, if you catch my drift. If Ryan Adams or Jackie Greene wants to sit in for a set or even the whole night, why not. Kenny Brooks? Sure! John Molo? sign me up. I feel like this lineup would benefit from consistent guest spots, it would keep everyone on their toes for sure.
Chester
More or less in line

#11807 3 years, 4 months ago
They're all good enough, that I'll be interested in whichever direction they go. Anything's possible. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#11870 3 years, 4 months ago
I play drums in my spare time, and I gotta say Russo is a MONSTER! Keep hanging out in Hawaii Billy, plus bringing back the drummers will force them to hit larger venues. Some of these smaller venue shows are really fun to attend, so please don't change a thing. Someone mentioned to me that Bobby liked the one drummer idea because it is more straight ahead rock and roll. Don't know how true that statement is, can anyone confirm this story?
Light up or leave me alone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
Jack Straw
Junior Boarder

#11898 3 years, 4 months ago
The one man Billy show in the early 70's was the absolute best. Two drummers are too many imho for Dead music to flow freely. Molo is a monster and would be my first choice at this point in time but Russo's drums sound great and he too is becoming quite a monster in his own right.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#11921 3 years, 4 months ago
Change NOTHING please.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#11960 3 years, 4 months ago
If there is to be any change it should be bring back Jay Lane. Im sure hes still busy with Primus but damn Jay really knows how to move a crowd.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#12036 3 years, 4 months ago
So lemme get this straight...the basic consensus is that Russo is better than the Rythym Devils?

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

Russo is good and a good fit for right now but to say he is a better fit than Mickey and Billy is ridiculous.

Mickey and Billy INVENTED the rythym section of this music. THEY OWN IT. Russo is an asterisk.

I am happy with what I am hearing now but I would eventually like to see Billy and Mickey back...shoot me.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Okie.
EProphet
Junior Boarder

#12060 3 years, 4 months ago
Okie wrote:
So lemme get this straight...the basic consensus is that Russo is better than the Rythym Devils?

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

Russo is good and a good fit for right now but to say he is a better fit than Mickey and Billy is ridiculous.

Mickey and Billy INVENTED the rythym section of this music. THEY OWN IT. Russo is an asterisk.

I am happy with what I am hearing now but I would eventually like to see Billy and Mickey back...shoot me.

I prefer one drummer era Grateful Dead music 1971-1974
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#12061 3 years, 4 months ago
What they really need is a shaker.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#12065 3 years, 4 months ago
Okie wrote:

Hahahaha

So easily people forget.

when they were in their prime i would say they were awesome however now i think not so much.A one time deal as a nostaglia act okay but be prepared topay huge fees,i would imagine they need extra crew one guy just for the hot tar;) and another 1/2 trailer for "the beast" plus im sure bill and mick want to get paid
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.86 seconds