• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

The Core Four, Chimenti, JK, and The Backups

#11605 3 years, 3 months ago
There I said it...

That's what I would like to see before it's all said and done.

I love Russo but he ain't no Rythym Devils.

Pipe Dreams I know, but one can hear it...

Discuss....
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

Re: The Core Four, Chimenti, JK, and The Backups

#11610 3 years, 3 months ago
It sounds nice in theory! but Billy has been very vocal in interviews bout how he does not like Furthur, and how he loves what hes doing! Theres no way it would ever happen.

Adding Mickey does seem a lil more likely and would definitely compliment Russo's Drumming as well.

Though maybe the Cour Four will get together again, but id be suprised if its anytime soon, cause i think (at least from my impessions, Billy does not like JK) so maybe after the dust settles and things mellow and he does his new thing then maybe! it would be nice!

Though i have to say I have had WAY more fun at Furthur shows and left WAY WAY WAY more satisfied musically than at the Dead 09 shows i did the Whole Nassau to the Gorge and yes there was some GRATE shows in that run, i often left feeling unsatisfied, maybe because warren wants on as much as he was in previous tours with the band, or maybe i was hopin Bobby would sing a lot of the songs he sung. Im not sure. but with Furthur, id still rather bobby sing more songs but i like when JK sings, the only songs i wish warren was there for are the Pigpen songs, JK doesn't do them as well and neither does Bobby.

All in All Im Happy with how things are, i hope it stays this way for a long long time, though i wouldnt mind a lil side tour or one off lil tours of other things like the cour four and especially RATDOG!!! or Phil n Friends any of those side projects would be kewl inbetween furthur tours
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#11615 3 years, 3 months ago
I Billy doesn't want to then Molo is the Man

Also drop JC and add Hornsby or Headband
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#11619 3 years, 3 months ago
I dont know man, Jeff is awesome and the bands on fire, I say not a thing should be changed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gd4me2day, bitzer87, UnlimitedDevotee
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#11627 3 years, 3 months ago
That would probably cause a spike in ticket prices.
amazish
Junior Boarder

#11631 3 years, 3 months ago
I think Billy has no problem with Kadlecik, he likes everybody. I think the real issue is that he's trying to do his thing, his band's thing, and to be as original as possible. Including new original material. And push the envelope his own way. There is a core of truth in that, one has to admit. Futhur is on fire indeed. But as mentioned here in forum, they could in fact go out on a limb and take it a little Furthur still.

It is a fact that it's very hard to do with a new band that been assembled a year or so ago. But still... The GD at least were about being in the unknown as much as the known... Billy I'm guessing does not want to be in what at times is too safe or too "tribute" in essence... Just a thought.

[For me Billy is to drums what Jerry is to guitar - amazing, underrated, totally unique monstrous player]
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#11632 3 years, 3 months ago
the chemistry works right now i prefer jeff to hornsby any day the backups fill in the sound Russo is a machine full of energy i say the core 4 had their fun time marches on and so does the band .my 2 cents
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#11636 3 years, 3 months ago
no

russo is a driving force and one drummer keeps it turn-on-a-dime tite...this is a nice lineup
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#11639 3 years, 3 months ago
Joe Russo and Phil have something very cool going on right now.

Long live Furthur!
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
doodahman131
Fresh Boarder

#11640 3 years, 3 months ago
I think each of them has something to offer in their own unique way,. Granted, Furthur is not the Grateful Dead. With new musicians such as Russo, Jeff, Sunshine, and John they all add a new sound to the music. In the interview where Bill said that Furthur was doing nothing new with their music, I really feel that is a false statement. I don't make it to many Furthur shows because of school and all and the past three shows I was lucky to see, they played Terrapin and I am happy to say that each time was a very unique experience. And I do think Mickey would compliment Joe's drumming quite nicely
“What I like best about music is when time goes away.” - Bob Weir
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds