• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

Grateful Dead night at my work. need some ideas

#115529 2 years, 8 months ago
hey everyone.
i work at a bar on the peninsula in the northern california bay area. i was trying to plan a grateful dead night sometime in the future, so all us heads can come together and just have a few drinks while listening to the music we all love.

i had some GD themed cocktails in mind, a few decorations with some styrofoam skulls painted with lightning bolts and adorned with hair made of roses, some dancing bears if i can find any big enough cutouts. maybe we could get a little nitrous tank(but probably not). We will be playing a couple of complete live shows on the stereo system and playing the GD movie on the big screens.

i was wondering if ya'll had any ideas of how to make this a successful night so that we can do it on a regular basis.

i hope that some of ya'll will be able to make it out when i happens, i will post again about it before it actually goes down with more details.

thanks for the help!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Grateful Dead night at my work. need some ideas

#115534 2 years, 8 months ago
How about a best tie dye contest? Or a Dead trivia contest, if the audience is appropriate for that. And needless to say, maximize the dance floor!

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#115537 2 years, 8 months ago
Sue had some great ideas! Maybe even get a little drum circle going, hoopers, or maybe even a band who can play dead?

This is great! Hope it becomes an annual thing for you! Every city needs a grateful dead night. In St. Louis where I live it's every Tuesday night, I don't celebrate nearly as much as I use to. But those were some of the best times of my life down there on Tuesday nights. We have a local dead cover band play and it's quite the gathering.

If you have the music playing they will come.... Good luck!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#115543 2 years, 8 months ago
these are some great ideas guys. keep em coming!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#115549 2 years, 8 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Sue had some great ideas! Maybe even get a little drum circle going, hoopers, or maybe even a band who can play dead?

This is great! Hope it becomes an annual thing for you! Every city needs a grateful dead night. In St. Louis where I live it's every Tuesday night, I don't celebrate nearly as much as I use to. But those were some of the best times of my life down there on Tuesday nights. We have a local dead cover band play and it's quite the gathering.

If you have the music playing they will come.... Good luck!

We had that on Long Island for many years when I was growing up. Then they "hit the big time". Damn you DSO, it was much kinder to see you every Sat night in my "backyard". But I ain't complaining, still some great groups out here, just not EVERY Sat night anymore

Yes, live music can make it extra special in my opinion. That's all it took to keep me coming back every weekend for years and years.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#115553 2 years, 8 months ago
Maybe handout some bead necklaces and glow sticks. Too bad you couldn't get some napkins with Jerrys hand on them. Sounds fun though. Where is this bar
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#115747 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah! Let us know the where and when. Sounds like a great idea!
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds