• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Way to Go, Navy Seals!!!!

#115430 2 years, 7 months ago
I think this rescue that some Navy SEALs pulled off last night is absolutely magnificent! Way to go, guys!! Never underestimate the readiness and competence of our armed services, even though they're an easy target for political bashing all too often. This makes me proud!

American hostage in Somalia rescued by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid

In a daring nighttime raid Tuesday, U.S. Navy SEALs rescued two hostages, including one American, who were being held by kidnappers in Somalia. American Jessica Buchanan, 32, and a 60-year-old Dane, Poul Thisted, were working for a Danish relief organization in northern Somalia when they were kidnapped last October. U.S. officials described their kidnappers as heavily armed common criminals with no known ties to any organized militant group.
According to the U.S. officials, two teams of Navy SEALs landed by helicopter near the compound where the two hostages were being held. As the SEALS approached the compound on foot gunfire broke out, the U.S. officials said, and several of the militants were reportedly killed. There is no word that any of the Americans were wounded.
The SEALs gathered up Buchanan and Thisted, loaded them onto the helicopters and flew them to safety at an undisclosed location. The two hostages were not injured during the rescue operation and are reported to be in relatively good condition.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/25...ls-in-overnight-raid
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67, iraqistatefair
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Way to Go, Navy Seals!!!!

#115435 2 years, 7 months ago
And I'm sure they'd say they were just doing their job, like the seals who took out OBL.

If you happened to hear any of Obama's state of the union address last night, one thing he said was that in the military, it doesn't matter if the soldier next to you is black, white, christian, Muslim, Jewish, rich poor..... they all work as one unit. They watch each others backs. "you don't charge up those stairs to (to take out OBL) if you cannot trust the soldier on your team".

Congress on the other hand bickers over every freakin bill. At Joe the taxpayers expense.

Hey guys, Ain't no time to Hate. What about us? The people who put you in power. HELP THE UNEMPLOYED God Damn you. Together we stand, divided we fall.

---

Obama did mention the GD, at least indirectly He wanted an economy that was "built to last". .
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#115443 2 years, 7 months ago
Those guys are bad ass.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#115447 2 years, 7 months ago
That dog that they have with them is amazing!

Been reading about milatary working dogs latly. Trying to adopt one to give them a retirement in a happy home.

Another spectacular story about that team.

I THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE !
Attachments:
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#115451 2 years, 7 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

Been reading about military working dogs lately. Trying to adopt one to give them a retirement in a happy home.

First of all, good for you!! And what a great idea if you're thinking about adopting, like I have been for awhile. If I want another shepherd, I bet there's a military one that might need a good home. I will not, however, be skydiving with that dog, yikes! I used to want to skydive until I had a patient whose parachute didn't open; took that activity right off the bucket list! But I digress- thanks for the idea!!

skydivedog.jpg
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#115476 2 years, 7 months ago
They have Malinois, which is smaller than the other shepherd types. They all have the same characteristics, just a little different in size. Beautiful and smart dogs. There is the French Bouceron, an American, and a Czech Shepherd also.

www.google.com/search?q=malinois&hl=...;biw=800&bih=461

Here's a pic of my loveable little puppy Rocko. He's a German type, 120 lbs, sable coat. All in all a nice dog. Not trained like these Seal dogs though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Ossumpei.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, iraqistatefair
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#115805 2 years, 7 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

Been reading about milatary working dogs latly. Trying to adopt one to give them a retirement in a happy home.

Another spectacular story about that team.

I THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE !

R U FUCKING KIDDING ME
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#115807 2 years, 7 months ago
Was that picture for real. Wow I got some goose bumps from that.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#115958 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
ecojaded wrote:

Been reading about military working dogs lately. Trying to adopt one to give them a retirement in a happy home.

First of all, good for you!! And what a great idea if you're thinking about adopting, like I have been for awhile. If I want another shepherd, I bet there's a military one that might need a good home. I will not, however, be skydiving with that dog, yikes! I used to want to skydive until I had a patient whose parachute didn't open; took that activity right off the bucket list! But I digress- thanks for the idea!!

skydivedog.jpg

FRIKIN DOPE !!!!!! wow !
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds