• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Playboy After Dark

#115427 2 years, 8 months ago
If you haven't seen this it's some classic stuff.

Recorded: 18 January 1969

Check out the discussion between Hugh and Jerry followed by Mountains Of The Moon with just Jerry, Bob, Phil, and Tom and then the whole band playing St. Stephen with Pigpen on congas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Playboy After Dark

#115437 2 years, 8 months ago
What a bunch of baby faces, that's some great video!! Love the visual effects in St. Stephen, and I want Jerry's poncho, too. Oh to have been in that room, preferably in a tie-dye rather than a suit, though!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#115438 2 years, 8 months ago
iI LOVED that old video jerry is so funny and heff is hilarious trying desperatly to be sosooooo hip !!Jerry ceacks me up he looks tooooooo happy if you knw what I mean ... and his geekiness is sooo cute ..!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#115442 2 years, 8 months ago
I watch this video at least once a month. The Mnts of the Moon sends shivers up my spine. Them were the days!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#115457 2 years, 8 months ago
Forget where I read this but Owsley was pissed that Playboy mansion refused to let him do the sound because they were union, he dosed the whole crowd and no one could figure out to run the soundboard so Oswley got his way. Hefner had heard about potential dosing so he had a bodyguard open cans of Coke for him and then hand it to him so he knew it would be all right. The whole crowd by the end of the night was naked and acting crazy. Hefner tried his best to connect with the Dead, but just didn't get the scene.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#115461 2 years, 8 months ago
I think you're right Tony. Plus by the end of that video you can tell folks are starting to let loose. Clothes coming off would be the next step!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#115464 2 years, 8 months ago
Of all the tunes to pick to pull the freaks out of the stiffs, subtle, sublime, yet fully out of the box. It's a shame ol' Hef couldn't drop his guard. Hadn't heard it was a naked fest by the end of the night. Bobby on the make from the get-go, how could one not be. Hope Jerry had a prize winning rodeo. What a sweet man.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#115465 2 years, 8 months ago
Another goodie from the same era...
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#115466 2 years, 8 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Forget where I read this but Owsley was pissed that Playboy mansion refused to let him do the sound because they were union, he dosed the whole crowd and no one could figure out to run the soundboard so Oswley got his way. Hefner had heard about potential dosing so he had a bodyguard open cans of Coke for him and then hand it to him so he knew it would be all right. The whole crowd by the end of the night was naked and acting crazy. Hefner tried his best to connect with the Dead, but just didn't get the scene.

I remember this story too I believe its in the book by Dennis mcnally but hef liked the band being there. Here is the letter he sent them ....

www.dead.net/archives/1969/clippings/letter-hugh-hefner
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#115494 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for posting
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 2.75 seconds