• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Detroit Tigers Sign Prince Fielder for 200 Mil

#115350 2 years, 8 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
He hits when it counts yes and The Tigers are now the favorites to win the World Series and many in Detroit think our owner has lost his mind but at the same time are happy with the excitement that comes with this signing. The GM said 2 days ago that Prince wasnt a good fit, then the owner stepped in and BAM, the Tigers now have him. I can remember watching him hit bomb after bomb during batting practice when he was 11! Should make for an interesting summer in The D. Now if we could only get Furthur to play Michigan....

Well, I'd be more excited at a Michigan show, but this is pretty darn cool too! I remember little Prince hitting those early long balls, want to see some more now. Tigers really could go all the way this year. Guess it'll be a little easier to make it through the summer, until next football season, this way.

All those poor Red Sox fans who are going to be so sad this season!!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#115352 2 years, 8 months ago
Detroit sports are definitely on the upswing......Lions, Tigers and red Wings are all highly competitive teams. The Pistons are pretty crappy but you have to have one bad team in town. I am a lifelong White Sox fan and usually go to at least a dozen games each year. We are officially in "rebuilding mode" having gotten rid of our coach and our ace pitcher Mark Buehrle. Guess I wont have to buy any tickets through stub hub this year!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#115355 2 years, 8 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Detroit sports are definitely on the upswing......Lions, Tigers and red Wings are all highly competitive teams.

I'm just going to keep re-reading this sentence all day, and pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Because, insert huge smile, it's actually true!!!!!! Finally!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#115357 2 years, 8 months ago
Wow thats a ton of dough. Good for DET (Sue)

If I got 200 mili , Have always said that i would ony need maybe 1 million for myself. Would give the rest away. Not just give ,but build schools, parks, gardens, ..........whatever comes up. Maybe even build a world-class venue like TRI in the midwest to attract the boys & company.

Oh, and I would feed all of the animals in shelters with the BIGGEST click donation the have ever seen
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, teafortexas
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#115359 2 years, 8 months ago
What are they going to do with Cabrerra? Put him at 3rd base?!? Just look at his stint in LA to see how well changing positions went....it was a freaking trainwreck!

While I like Prince (his dad was a masher in Detroit back in the day), the Tigers overpaid on this one. 45 Million PER YEAR just for Prince and Cabrerra (who both give you good O and horrible D) seems way to rich. If the owner remains committed to spending more money to shore up the bullpen and resign their starting rotation in the coming years it might be worth it. Welcome to the Luxury Tax Tigers!

I love my Tigers and hope this somehow gets them over the hump so they can pop the corks in October!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#115364 2 years, 8 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
What are they going to do with Cabrerra? Put him at 3rd base?!? Just look at his stint in LA to see how well changing positions went....it was a freaking trainwreck!

While I like Prince (his dad was a masher in Detroit back in the day), the Tigers overpaid on this one. 45 Million PER YEAR just for Prince and Cabrerra (who both give you good O and horrible D) seems way to rich. If the owner remains committed to spending more money to shore up the bullpen and resign their starting rotation in the coming years it might be worth it. Welcome to the Luxury Tax Tigers!

I love my Tigers and hope this somehow gets them over the hump so they can pop the corks in October!

Fielder, Cabrerra, Peralta and Avila....that lineup is stacked.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#115366 2 years, 8 months ago
I imagine they will have Fielder DH most of the time and Cabrerra stay at first. Victor Martinez is supposedly out for the season
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#115370 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm thinking more likely Fielder at first (runs in the family) and Cabrera as DH or in the outfield. So many .300+ hitters to juggle, what an awful problem! Although, when he's sober I have to say Cabrera can make some pretty impressive grabs on D too!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#115372 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
rockinbob wrote:
He hits when it counts yes and The Tigers are now the favorites to win the World Series and many in Detroit think our owner has lost his mind but at the same time are happy with the excitement that comes with this signing. The GM said 2 days ago that Prince wasnt a good fit, then the owner stepped in and BAM, the Tigers now have him. I can remember watching him hit bomb after bomb during batting practice when he was 11! Should make for an interesting summer in The D. Now if we could only get Furthur to play Michigan....

Well, I'd be more excited at a Michigan show, but this is pretty darn cool too! I remember little Prince hitting those early long balls, want to see some more now. Tigers really could go all the way this year. Guess it'll be a little easier to make it through the summer, until next football season, this way.

All those poor Red Sox fans who are going to be so sad this season!!

they should of if not won, been in the world series 11. would of been much better.
to em there. money well spent. enjoy your spring. meaning your gonna have that much less doubt early season that , yeah . congrats!! my Phillies still have Rollins. hope this year we'll atleast have a game with the Tigers. Im happy for all tigers fans. thats like having a baby.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#115416 2 years, 8 months ago
With the economic crisis and state of most peoples finances not to mention the condition of the city of Detroit this makes me want to vomit knowing what's he is probably going to spend this money on!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds