• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: PL&F or Ratdog?

#115152 2 years, 6 months ago
ratdog is my fav. but that is because i dig the small jazz club feel ratdog brings to the song catalog, if you are into the more subtlies of a song, like the space between the notes, ratdog is like that.
phil and friends is harder to nail down, cause he dosnt always have the same friends, which is one of the main attractions for me, its always a fresh aproach, but most phil and friend lineups are more hard rockin than ratdog, they rely more on a melt your face guitar solos, and space, and like whole sets being wrappped around one song, more hard rockin, and more to my ears at least, it sounds like phil is goin for a sound more like the sound of the Grateful Dead.
Ratdog, is like a new journey. so i would say, make time to see both, being a dead head is about making really hard choices, like should i go to four shows this month, or go to three and pay the car insurance. (the answer is always go to to the show)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#115159 2 years, 6 months ago
Island Head wrote:
Chester wrote:
Why make a distnction? Go see both. Judge for yourself. However, figure Furthur to be in the mix as well.

I think a Fest with all three is needed, I would go judge that

Yup. A big ol Furthur fest, with Mickey Hart band, 7 Walkers, Phil and friends, Ratdog, Furthur, and then a mind blowing
all star jam to wrap it up. Finally, take that on the road all summer long. (Just dreaming here. )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#115164 2 years, 6 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
ratdog is my fav. but that is because i dig the small jazz club feel ratdog brings to the song catalog, if you are into the more subtlies of a song, like the space between the notes, ratdog is like that.
phil and friends is harder to nail down, cause he dosnt always have the same friends, which is one of the main attractions for me, its always a fresh aproach, but most phil and friend lineups are more hard rockin than ratdog, they rely more on a melt your face guitar solos, and space, and like whole sets being wrappped around one song, more hard rockin, and more to my ears at least, it sounds like phil is goin for a sound more like the sound of the Grateful Dead.
Ratdog, is like a new journey. so i would say, make time to see both, being a dead head is about making really hard choices, like should i go to four shows this month, or go to three and pay the car insurance. (the answer is always go to to the show)

Joe, did you catch the rehearshal?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#115179 2 years, 6 months ago
Which ever one is playing near me and I can go see, that's who I like
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#115204 2 years, 6 months ago
ill see Phil as much as I can but as long as it dosn't interfere with Bob's shows, but that's just me, I'm not saying anyone is better then anyone cause that's all a matter of taste. I don't mean anything negative towards Phil either cause I'm interested in everything he does and will travel far for him but if it comes down to one or the other I'm gunna see Bob everytime.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#115222 2 years, 6 months ago
Well I usually dont mind putting myself out there so I will put it this way. I love them both and have seen every post dead group multiple times. If they both played the same night down the street, same price, same everything, I would see Phil 9.9/10 times. Its just the bees knees for me. Furthur is quickly making its way to the top of the list for me though. I love Ratdog, the intimate shows, the horns, great vibe. But the P&F shows take me where I need to go. You really need to check both out. I would recommend that you really take the time to listen to the different P&F lineups as the shows vary greatly in flavor. One of my favs is one of the first Phil n Phish from
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#115223 2 years, 6 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Well I usually dont mind putting myself out there so I will put it this way. I love them both and have seen every post dead group multiple times. If they both played the same night down the street, same price, same everything, I would see Phil 9.9/10 times. Its just the bees knees for me. Furthur is quickly making its way to the top of the list for me though. I love Ratdog, the intimate shows, the horns, great vibe. But the P&F shows take me where I need to go. You really need to check both out. I would recommend that you really take the time to listen to the different P&F lineups as the shows vary greatly in flavor. One of my favs is one of the first Phil n Phish from
Haha hit submit by mistake. Check out the little run in April 99 with Trey n Page from Phish. Mindbending stuff
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Time to create page: 1.45 seconds