• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

PL&F or Ratdog?

#115014 2 years, 7 months ago
have yet to see either but if the split happens i imagine theres gonna be some tough choices to make due to my lack of funds.

who puts on the better show?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: PL&F or Ratdog?

#115016 2 years, 7 months ago
You're just trying to cause trouble, aren't you?!
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#115017 2 years, 7 months ago
i do what i can.
Chester
More or less in line

#115018 2 years, 7 months ago
Why make a distnction? Go see both. Judge for yourself. However, figure Furthur to be in the mix as well.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#115019 2 years, 7 months ago
you love to stir the pot don't ya???

it's all in the listener man. i can't believe you've never seen them. are you into the dead through furthur? just curious it's not a bad thing i think it's incredible if that is the case.

my first shows were phil lesh and then other ones all in 2002...i loved phil and friends, the jams, the intensity, the shows were journeys on a nightly basis. i probably saw more ratdog shows because they were always around the NE and i enjoyed them but they weren't firing like paf on a regular basis. both bands were also playing a somewhat different catalog of tunes. at any given period of time. ratdog was a more consistent lineup most of the time whereas phil's changed every now and then.

give some shows a listen archive has plenty to offer, and make a decision.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICantFindMyFace
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#115021 2 years, 7 months ago
well i mean at an average of around $60 a ticket it would be a little difficult to see both.

in march 2011 when furthur played boston i only had enough money for 2 or the 3 shows. I ended up selling my electric guitar for the third show. ( I like my acoustic better anyway) But my point is money is tight and it would be nice to get some opinions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#115023 2 years, 7 months ago
my first show was the dead. I saw them twice in worcester. april 18th and 19th 2009. i must have only known about 4 songs total throughout both shows but i fell in love. Furthur started i think late 2009 so i jumped on that bus. so i guess you could say that i got into the grateful dead through the dead. id say it was more through my friends father "Mr. Smith". old school head who started going to shows in 71. great man.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#115030 2 years, 7 months ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
my first show was the dead. I saw them twice in worcester. april 18th and 19th 2009. i must have only known about 4 songs total throughout both shows but i fell in love. Furthur started i think late 2009 so i jumped on that bus. so i guess you could say that i got into the grateful dead through the dead. id say it was more through my friends father "Mr. Smith". old school head who started going to shows in 71. great man.

I actually remember the day i heard about the shows. my friend sean (Mr Smiths son) and i were smoking a joint and he told me about them and we decided we had to see both. we then went into his house to play pool and Mr Smith came up to us with a grin and said "My Band is going back on tour, the boys are back together."

i didnt put two and two together but later realized he was talking about the dead.

i still find it funny that phil and bobby are both over 60 and he still refers to them as "the boys"

he has a jar full of GD ticket stubs and a story for every single one. its incredible.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#115041 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Why make a distnction? Go see both. Judge for yourself. However, figure Furthur to be in the mix as well.

I think a Fest with all three is needed, I would go judge that
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#115056 2 years, 7 months ago
Here's a spin. Do you like fast or slow tempo? If slow, see Ratdog first. If faster, see Phil. It may not make a difference in the end, but might help choosing which to see first. And damn, we get Ratdog on T R I tomorow!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Bakes. Reason: poor phone tapping skills
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds