• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Scottr1966
Junior Boarder

Re: Any Rainbow Family here??

#12360 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok I'm convinced I would like to go. I'm not a hippie but I love the music, the colors, the vibes, the people, and the trips. A gathering of thousands of freaks in the woods chanting and drumming sounds like a great experience to me. Count me in.
"The bus came by and I got on..."
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#12571 3 years, 6 months ago
Nationals this year in WA but there are plenty of small regionals everywhere all the time
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#12581 3 years, 6 months ago
welcomehome.org/

anyone who wants info on gatherings can find it here
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Frenchy13
Fresh Boarder

#12595 3 years, 6 months ago
I have been on the edges of the scene since about 91. Been to my share of lots, be it GD, Furthur, Phish, WSP, etc. I have always been curious about the gathering, but I have never had a real invite. I go to a lot of shows but I tend to hang out in small groups. Was just invited last night. I always sort of felt that I needed to be asked to come before I just showed up. Can't wait to share the vibe and do my part.

Love and Light
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#12910 3 years, 6 months ago
Frenchy13 wrote:
I have been on the edges of the scene since about 91. Been to my share of lots, be it GD, Furthur, Phish, WSP, etc. I have always been curious about the gathering, but I have never had a real invite. I go to a lot of shows but I tend to hang out in small groups. Was just invited last night. I always sort of felt that I needed to be asked to come before I just showed up. Can't wait to share the vibe and do my part.

Love and Light

You can just show up...but I do understand going by yourself. Its a different world. Going in a group IMO is a great idea...or meeting there....something to make you feel comfortable in a strange land
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

#13301 3 years, 6 months ago
Been rainbow for 10 yrs, Deadhead for 7. If not for the boys playing allgood last year right next to the Pa. site, I would have never heard Furthur. (perish the thought)
IMHO, (on average) Rainbows are far cleaner and more sober than DeadHeads. Ive seen some trashed venues/campgrounds that brought tears to my eyes.
Seen some trashed rainbow camps, too, but those always got cleaned up by family.
Lovin you, see ya @ home and on tour!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#13341 3 years, 6 months ago
i have been going to gatherings since 1990. Have been addicted to them ever since And no matter what the hatters say I do Love everyone and just cause i love you doesn't mean i like you. I was realy bummed i couldn't get to pen last year cause i had to work ( ilive in new england so close but yet so far)

Hey you ever tried to provide clean water to thousands of people in the middle of nowhere, or manage a parking lot, how about setting up a stage with out the use of power tools. Then there is feeding everyone, making peace with local officials, etc....that is alot of hard work. So maybe everyone doesn't have a 9-5 job but there is a lot of work to be done.

WEEEEEE LLOOOOOVVVE YYYOOOUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, UnlimitedDevotee
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#13352 3 years, 6 months ago
when i go camping i like peace and quiet and nobody around but thats me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13428 3 years, 6 months ago
UnlimitedDevotee wrote:
Been rainbow for 10 yrs, Deadhead for 7. If not for the boys playing allgood last year right next to the Pa. site, I would have never heard Furthur. (perish the thought)
IMHO, (on average) Rainbows are far cleaner and more sober than DeadHeads. Ive seen some trashed venues/campgrounds that brought tears to my eyes.
Seen some trashed rainbow camps, too, but those always got cleaned up by family.
Lovin you, see ya @ home and on tour!

Last year we did spring council for the first time and got to see some of the inner workings that go into a National gathering...amazing. Rainbow land is amazing, it works on consensus decision-making... almost everyone steps up to help when they can...it really is just amazing..

WE LOVE YOU!!!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#13430 3 years, 6 months ago
i have been to rainbow gatherings and have always had fun. its basically a cross section of the the fringe of the hippy/new agey/ back to the land type of folks, with jesus freaks, other religioun freaks, freaks in general, and oh yeah, a few freaks. can totally understand if that isnt your idea of a good time. it works for me. and while i can only speak for the gatherings i was at, they were always clean up, and it was though as hell, micro trashing every inch. you will git swagged the fuck out at a gathering for tossin a cig. but down, cause someone is gonna have to come along and pick it up, hopefully if its even found. and oh yeah you get some local yocal looky-loos but they ususally just come for a day or two and go back home. anyway my 2 cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds