• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

Re: Any Rainbow Family here??

#11756 3 years, 3 months ago
dude , at shows i have had things thrown at me many times . Rude comments abound . I have security hassle me cause people can not see when i stand . Because I am tall (diffrent) I should nt have the rights others do ??? F' that , I'll stand , dance , close my eyes and its me in that neat and strange place that good music takes the soul . Thats where i escape to . My refuge . It brings tears to my eyes right now to think back to those tiimes That Furthur or Grateful Dead have rescued me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, Aporia
Lynx
Visitor

#11760 3 years, 3 months ago
That's awful. The ignorance of some people amazes me. You can have the seat in front of me next time man... I'm usually dancing with my eyes closed anyway (I like the light show going on in my head!)
Olompali
Junior Boarder

#11761 3 years, 3 months ago
Hmmm... I see some of that "PhilZone Badass" nastiness is spreading here....

Drag.
Let Tomorrow Be
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

#11774 3 years, 3 months ago
I went to one in Paonia Colorado in the early 90's

Someone stole my favorite Yamaha acoustic guitar.

That ended my utopian world view of rainbow gatherings
cut his buddy down
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#11798 3 years, 3 months ago
Thank you JK for injecting some intelligence into this thread. I also love Rainbow Gatherings, though I've only been to two ('98 and '99) because of scheduling conflicts. This is my first free 4th of July in 11 years and I hope to go as well.

One thing about Rainbow Gatherings is that, like psychedelics, they can act as a catalyst to 'wake people up,' because until you've been to one it's hard to imagine that an event like this could still exist. You go into the woods with no running water, no electricity, no many things and you live with thousands of people in a world with no money where sharing and kindness are prevalent. You enter a society with completely different rules... it's a different world and it feels that way. All kinds of 'straight' people also go every year, and I've recommended it to a few of my 'straight' friends and family members because no matter what it will pretty much blow your mind, hopefully in a good way. It is at least a sociological and anthropological phenomenon.

I never heard about the Deadhead/rainbow feud... or maybe I've just forgotten. Most of the Deadheads I know love the Rainbow Gathering even if they don't go so much anymore. Some of my most vivid and wonderful memories are from my first Gathering in Arizona '98. It changed my life for the better, no question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#11803 3 years, 3 months ago
They still have Rainbow Gatherings?
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11819 3 years, 3 months ago
You enter a society with completely different rules...<<

yeppers. esp. if you're a boy scout troop that had camping dibs/paperwork first

Ruined those kids weekend. But hey, least some out of work dingbats got smoke up, bang on some drums, and pass around a magic hat.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
chinacatballs
Fresh Boarder

#11824 3 years, 3 months ago
Hahahaha. This is best troll ever. Come on John, he got you.... I can't believe you formulated such a drawn out opinion because some fresh face tweener was talking shit. Sick first post...

Alright imagine this, your way the hell out in the woods munching on some organic popcorn with a bunch of the craziest melding of hippies, punk rockers, homeless Vietnam vets.... and you look over to your left and who the hell is picking kernels of the their teeth but JOHN FUCKING KADLECIK. Now that would be sound sweet.

I'm all for people doing whatever the hell they want to do, as long it does not infringe upon the rights of others. However I am also weary of large groups of people that get together for no real reason other then to not drink(sounds a little to christan to me), and not listen to music. I WORK for my money, and enjoy spending it on music related items; tickets, shirts, gas money, food, rent. I can't really understand taking time off WORK and traveling far away to not see a show. It's kind of like all the people that travel to the dead show and just hang out in the parking lot(don't get that crew either).

www.southparkstudios.com/clips/154845/lazy-hippies

Non the less I still don't care what people very far away from me are doing in the woods.
as Les Claypool said
"There's a place. A wonderous place. Where Like minded individuals gather out on the playa. They subscribe to a whole new set of ideas. They represent a new found society Where creativity flows And parameters are as wide as the open terrain. That place. That wonderous place is called..... Buuurningman!"

I stole this next paragraph from Wikipedia and then found there source in another article.

The Forest Service Incident Management team cost federal taxpayers $750,000 in 2006, and the team handled the Gathering in Colorado that year and other large events in National Forests. By comparison, the Burning Man festival, unconnected to the Rainbow Family, is a commercial venture that operates each year in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada, pays the Bureau of Land Management $750,000 for a permit, and recoups the cost by charging attendees between $210 and $360. Controversies over the Rainbow Family's 1987 Gathering are discussed in the book Judge Dave and the Rainbow People.

source: www.rickross.com/reference/rainbow/rainbow26.html

$$$$$$$$

I'm sure you've calmed down by now John and have a smile on your face. That little bastard defiantly struck a chord with you(god, I love the internet). You've got to admit that freshy little strummer dude is pretty funny... So was Jonestown... boy scouts... Thanks for making the my WORK day a little more entertaining dude. You've got my vote for mayor.

Dammit. I wish one of those asshole's would have save a fucking brownie for me. They know how much I love brownies *sigh.

Question: Is the Rainbow Family associated with the Homosexual Family? It's cool if they are, I was just unclear. Thanks.

Jah Love for everyone(~)~)~);}
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#11827 3 years, 3 months ago
the akron area and n.w. ohio family pages are shut down
does anyone know if they were moved somewhere else ?
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by the highway terror.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11828 3 years, 3 months ago
haha good post

some fresh face tweener <<

i'm almost 40
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
Time to create page: 3.22 seconds