newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Longest & Best Scarlet > Fire

#114201 2 years, 9 months ago
www.archive.org/details/gd94-10-01.sbd.a...tha.14869.sbeok.shnf

www.archive.org/details/gd82-07-31.aud-n...ner.19017.sbeok.shnf

1982 and 1994

Dont knock the 1994. Like I mentioned in another thread about the last years, this is a nugget.

Manor down is just awesome all the way around.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#114202 2 years, 9 months ago
thinman wrote:
03-22-90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (Thu)
1: Stranger, West L. A., Easy To Love You, BIODTL, Roses, Last Time, Picasso Moon, Don't Ease
2: Scarlet> Fire, Samson, Believe It, Truckin> Drumz> Other One> Hey Jude> Mr. Fantasy> Hey Jude Finale> Sugar Magnolia E: Baby Blue

Absolutely AMAZING version of Scarlet>Fire!!

Frickin right it was! I know cause I was there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyties
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#114206 2 years, 9 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
10/14/1983 has always been one of my favorite scarlet-fires,as well as an all around great show. www.archive.org/details/gd1983-10-14.aud....111055.sbeok.flac24
Its also long, about 35 mins.

Yes, Hartford '83 was the first ine that came to me as well. 1983 had few gems. This was one of them
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#114214 2 years, 9 months ago
Here's what Dead Project thinks. Some of those offered above are included.

gratefuldeadprojects.com/Scarlet_Begonias_Fire.html
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#114218 2 years, 9 months ago
Many have written and talked about it, but if you haven't heard it for yourself, prepare for a sonic exorcism. If you happened to be at SPAC, 6/18/83, then you know what I'm talking about. This racious version (along with the rest of the wild 2nd set) exemplifies the sheer power of the Grateful Dead. Thankfully, there were a couple avant guard tapers in the house that night, armed with (then) cutting-edge PCM digital recording technology. They were able to capture what the band's inferior cassette recorders couldn't. These aren't the finest recordings ever made but it doesn't really matter. I urge you to put on your best headphones, kill the lights and meld into one of the most incredible 27+ minutes ever captured on tape.

www.archive.org/details/gd83-06-18.set2....ler.21741.sbeok.shnf
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT, Terrapin Sedation, amusingdeva, Cosmicdavid
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

#114262 2 years, 9 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
Many have written and talked about it, but if you haven't heard it for yourself, prepare for a sonic exorcism. If you happened to be at SPAC, 6/18/83, then you know what I'm talking about. This racious version (along with the rest of the wild 2nd set) exemplifies the sheer power of the Grateful Dead. Thankfully, there were a couple avant guard tapers in the house that night, armed with (then) cutting-edge PCM digital recording technology. They were able to capture what the band's inferior cassette recorders couldn't. These aren't the finest recordings ever made but it doesn't really matter. I urge you to put on your best headphones, kill the lights and meld into one of the most incredible 27+ minutes ever captured on tape.

www.archive.org/details/gd83-06-18.set2....ler.21741.sbeok.shnf

I was not there, but this is one of my favorite tapes. Great Playin' and Dew, as well!!! I do wish the SBD existed somewhere.
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

#114265 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

This sight is fun and interesting, but I take serious issue with the contention that almost nothing good came after 1978. Depending on the song, most TOP versions are pre-1977. If you* cannot find TOP versions of those songs in the 1980s and 1990s then you simply are not listening to enough from that era, and thus, limiting yourself in a big way.

But I guess that is a debate worthy of its own thread.

*(Not YOU specifically, but in general, mind you).
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#114266 2 years, 9 months ago
[quote="Slewfoot" post=114218]Many have written and talked about it, but if you haven't heard it for yourself, prepare for a sonic exorcism. If you happened to be at SPAC, 6/18/83, then you know what I'm talking about. This racious version (along with the rest of the wild 2nd set) exemplifies the sheer power of the Grateful Dead. Thankfully, there were a couple avant guard tapers in the house that night, armed with (then) cutting-edge PCM digital recording technology. They were able to capture what the band's inferior cassette recorders couldn't. These aren't the finest recordings ever made but it doesn't really matter. I urge you to put on your best headphones, kill the lights and meld into one of the most incredible 27+ minutes ever captured on tape.

www.archive.org/details/gd83-06-18.set2....ler.21741.sbeok.shnf[/quote

I was at this show and it def. had a spiritual quality, trulely touched by god quality. This was a great weekend for me and worth a listen. Thanks for the post.
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#114297 2 years, 9 months ago
11/1/79 - almost 40 minutes and awesome.

www.archive.org/details/gd1979-11-01.sbd...r.77363.sbeok.flac16
The following user(s) said Thank You: spring mountain high, teafortexas, patchmyfurthur
mok
Junior Boarder

#114328 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

Cool list, I was at the Spectrum honorable mention (first show I saw), I remember being blown away.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds