• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

Re: Song requests for 2012!!

#114095 2 years, 8 months ago
Country Fresh wrote:
I was thinking When Push Comes To Shove was the worst song they ever did but then I got to the bottom of the original post and was reminded of I Will Take You Home.There are good reasons most of these songs are not played.
So explain to me what you mean... What is a good reason? Maybe you just have poor taste. Its okay if you like Justin Beiber. LOL These songs can be done just as well as any song you think is tits. I just don't understand why you think certain songs suck. I guess you just don't have anything meaningful to attribute to a particular song. I guess I am happy my experiences are broad enough to find something special in every song, no matter how bad you think they are.
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#114160 2 years, 8 months ago
Clementine
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#114460 2 years, 8 months ago
Chill, Gdad. People post all the time about their favs/best songs so that would mean that they also have least fav/worst songs too. I have not seen you attack anyone for liking one song more than all the rest.

I never hated on Phil. There are many, many songs that would not work for me if anyone but Phil sang them. Likewise there are songs that I don't think he should sing. I feel the same way about Days Between and Bobby. They each have their place in the band.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#114477 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#114539 2 years, 8 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
I'd love a Broken Arrow and Liberty always makes me feel good when they do it. Why hate on Phil's vocals? I love to hear Phil sing!! I ain't much of a singer, but I'll sing anyways, and I think if Phil wants to do it, he very well should. Sometimes it's not only about the best sound, cause when it comes from the heart, it means just as much as some candy ass singer showin' off on some vocals.

And as far as worst songs, REALLY? Anything they have sung, really? You think any of them aren't great? Are you really a Dead Head? I don't care about the song, as long as they do it well, and if you think certain songs suck, maybe you just haven't incorporated it into a meaningful part of your life... Every song means something special to me, and I think that's what it's all about. The GD song list is my bible, so just like scriptures, every one means something special to me.. Maybe I just ate too much LSD at a show and so I am brainwashed, but damn it still feels GOOD!

Dude be a little realistic. That's cool you enjoy ALL the GD songs. I for the most part do too. But clearly there are some that are better than others. I don't think you need to question someone's dead headedness because they don't care for Broken arrow.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#114541 2 years, 8 months ago
PsychicPyramid wrote:
Clementine

Just listened to a Clementine from 1968. I agree that would be cool to hear from Furthur..
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#114568 2 years, 8 months ago
Let it rock
Don't let go
She belongs to me
Visions of Johanna
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#114609 2 years, 8 months ago
got my mojo workin
hi heel sneakers
that's alright mama
brother esau would be sweet even though "bobby doesnt feel it"
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#114684 2 years, 8 months ago
This ones a drummers choice... On the Road Again
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#114725 2 years, 8 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Let it rock
Don't let go
She belongs to me
Visions of Johanna

Could you imagine if Furthur walked onto stage and started the 2nd set with Let it Rock????
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds