• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Is there anything negative about gd for you

#114968 2 years, 9 months ago
Dr Martin wrote:
after 40 years all you can compare them to is 93 to 95 ?I have been a part of this experiment since 73 and I have seen hundreds of shows and compared to the G/D they sound like imitation cheese Velveeta all the way

....but some people really like Velveeta Shells and Chesse compared to mom's ol homestyle Macaroni noodles with chesse.

One reason I see is mom isn't around to make it.

The other is it is easy and it still tastes home made ~ ya dig?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Little Bear, 23atwell, Strider1, Wundurland
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#114969 2 years, 9 months ago
Dr Martin wrote:
after 40 years all you can compare them to is 93 to 95 ?I have been a part of this experiment since 73 and I have seen hundreds of shows and compared to the G/D they sound like imitation cheese Velveeta all the way

You're certainly entitled to that opinion, particularly if you've actually seen a live Furthur show and still feel that way. But I can't help but wonder then why you'd hang out at "Velveeta's" forum, or pick that negative topic for your first posts? You're welcome to gripe all you want, but that's not usually how people who have been around the scene that long want to spend their time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, teafortexas
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#114970 2 years, 9 months ago
donna
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#114971 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Doc Martin, PBS head or whatever, we've had this discussion here. Please peruse the site. Many of us have opinions, but at the end of the day we are all here on this forum for same reason. Welcome aboard.

Edit: Now I'm remembering an almost exact post several months ago, about seeing 100s of shows, Furthur ain't no dead, bla, bla, bla, then the poster disappeared. I bet it is the same person.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Bakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, 23atwell
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#115029 2 years, 9 months ago
My love for this music has made it so nothing else measures up. I am a student of great music and there are so many other facets, interpretations, styles, and expressions. I have seen countless other bands and most times I just end up saying, "That was damn good but it wasn't a Dead show." I no longer possess the musical diversity I used to....thanks GD!?! David Byrne, The Talking Heads, and Zappa were the only live shows that came close.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#115032 2 years, 9 months ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
donna

Donna during Playin.....
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds