• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Think you can drive and use your cellphone?

#113623 2 years, 8 months ago
This short test really amazed me. They have a similar test on a CNBC TV special called Crackberry'd , and how texting while driving can be fatal.

I think most people who take this will also be surprised.

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, MushroomMan, bokb, SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Think you can drive and use your cellphone?

#113628 2 years, 8 months ago
I'd rather drive behind someone with a 1/5th of Jack Daniels in their system than someone who's gabbing on the phone. Earlier this week this lady is driving about 15mph on glare ice, swerving around (on glare ice did I already say that?) talking away on her damn cell phone on glare ice mind you. A disaster waiting to happen. Don't even get me started on texting and driving
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#113633 2 years, 8 months ago
www.theinvisiblegorilla.com/videos.html

try the next video, the Monkey Buissness one
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113637 2 years, 8 months ago
I got slammed a couple of years ago sitting at a red light. I saw the SOB behind me texting and then he just slammed into me like I wasn't there.

He told me and the cops he dropped his hat and got distracted. The first question my insurance co (Geico) asked was whether he was drunk or using a cellphone. I told them no because he messed up my car and I was afraid his insurance wouldn't cover the damage if he was texting.

My new car has a bluetooth set up with voice commands. A great set up if you need to call and drive. They sell after market sets if anyone is interested. I think they are pretty inexpensive.

wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113642 2 years, 8 months ago
most think they can until they wake up wrapped around a tree or a guardrail, if they're lucky.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
volare
Senior Boarder

#113734 2 years, 8 months ago
texting is certainly dangerous as you must take your eyes off the road, but just holding a handset and talking is overrated as a risk in my opinion. Driving isn't so mentally taxing that I can't handle both conversing and controlling the car. I don't see where it would be any different than talking to a person who is in the car.....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#113756 2 years, 8 months ago
as soon as I stop reading those who posted on this thread, replying with this message while driving I'll try and see how dangerous talking on the phone and driving is.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by will work for doses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113803 2 years, 8 months ago
volare wrote:
texting is certainly dangerous as you must take your eyes off the road, but just holding a handset and talking is overrated as a risk in my opinion. Driving isn't so mentally taxing that I can't handle both conversing and controlling the car. I don't see where it would be any different than talking to a person who is in the car.....

If you watch crackberried everyone using a cellphone said the same thing. They all said it does not distract them, but according to the tests and the experts that's false optimism, it does distract people. We are just not capable of multi-tasking, rather we switch tasks on and off. They had a clown juggling on a unicycle in the middle of college campus. Only 25% of people talking on cellphones even saw him. 75% of the other people saw him

In one segment they showed a truck driver texting and driving. I think the issue with cellphones is the dialing. He texted quickly, so I'd say about the same amount of time as dialing a phone number. In that time he was weaving a little, but he did travel the length of a football field with his eyes off the road.

Before I got hands free I thought the same thing (that it didnt distract me one bit). Now that I can dial by voice command I see a big difference, it's much safer with your eyes always on the road, believe me.

And I'm sure there's plenty of proof, otherwise they would not be enforcing this so strictly.
smokn' and driving can be an issue too....

Time to create page: 0.23 seconds