• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Does temperature affect the quality of fine herbs?

#113347 2 years, 8 months ago
I keep some fine smokables outside, and when the temperature drops below freezing the outside of some buds get brittle.

Does (extreme) heat or cold affect the potency of kind herbs? Does keeping it in a glass jar help keep things fresh?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Does temperature affect the quality of fine herbs?

#113350 2 years, 8 months ago
if you don't mind me asking, why do you stash outside?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#113354 2 years, 8 months ago
I lived in humbolt for years and always kept my head stash jars in the freezer, and kept many jars fresh for very long periods of time with 0 affect on the potency. I also had friends outthere who did that as well
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113356 2 years, 8 months ago
Don't mind sharing why WL, Wait a few years and you may find out But I sure hope not for your sake.

That what marriage and kids can do for you. One day it's fine to smoke up. Years later it can become "we have a daughter now you can't do that stuff near her".

But to make a short story long, it's essentially to hide it where other people in my home don't find it and F with it (like throw it out again).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#113358 2 years, 8 months ago
a glass jar with a very tight seal is the way to go. if you're storing for long periods of time (more than 2 weeks) or are opening the jar frequently, it helps to add 2 or 3 tiny pieces of sponge soaked in distilled water inside the jar to keep things fresh. do not use regular water... distilled only. also, check evey 2 weeks or so to make sure that humidity inside the jar is at acceptable levels (67-70% is ideal; once you dip below 65% things will gradually start to dry out; and at 75% you may encounter mold). using this method i have stored stuff for up to a year with excellent results.
Chester
More or less in line

#113376 2 years, 8 months ago
It should have no effect on the potency, but might dry it out too much.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#113379 2 years, 8 months ago
after the temperature drops below 32 trichomes tend to break and fracture, the potency prob wont change much but your thc will degrade faster after the trichome heads are busted open. same reason you shouldn put trim in deep freezes before making hash.
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113423 2 years, 8 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Don't mind sharing why WL, Wait a few years and you may find out But I sure hope not for your sake.

That what marriage and kids can do for you. One day it's fine to smoke up. Years later it can become "we have a daughter now you can't do that stuff near her".

But to make a short story long, it's essentially to hide it where other people in my home don't find it and F with it (like throw it out again).

that's what i figured.

life happens.

i'm enjoying my current ride
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#113491 2 years, 8 months ago
I got a stash in my coal celler in a Old tin can with a lid , thats been there for over a year. I hope those fuckers dont start growing mold. I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend . HA HA HA
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#113497 2 years, 8 months ago
In years past I've kept extra meds in my freezer for long periods inside jars with no loss of potency but some brittleness will show up. Now Im just keeping my jars closed tight inside and have had zero problems. My good friend is a botonist and told me that you can keep the meds for up to 24 moths that way before it starts to really decompose and lose its potency. GOOD LUCK
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds