• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Re: New GD exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

#113503 2 years, 9 months ago
Lets do it, just need some dates, but Cleveland is MUCH better in the warmer weather. They have a KICK ASS Science center right next to the Hall so we could really make a whole day out of it if we wanted and Sue, we could also ride share if that helps as well....
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#113504 2 years, 9 months ago
How far from Cleveland are you guys ? I only have a 2.5 hour drive.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#113508 2 years, 9 months ago
Brother Dust wrote:
How far from Cleveland are you guys ? I only have a 2.5 hour drive.

About the same for us. You can do it as a day trip, but we'd probably want to make an overnight out of it. This could be a lot of fun!!
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#113514 2 years, 9 months ago
Lets DO IT, Brother Dust it would be nice to meet you there and we could get a few more of us Heads to Enjoy the Ride
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#113516 2 years, 9 months ago
Well we got some time to plan it out, so does someone want to try to organize something for the spring ? Let me know. Im headed to sleep now got to get up at 4:00am for work.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#113519 2 years, 9 months ago
"The Grateful Dead Archive at the University of California-Santa Cruz has loaned a significant number of items from their extraordinary collection, which will open to the public in Spring 2012."

GD archives is also opening in April. I don't know the date.

While I think it is nice the RRHF is having a showing to honor the boys, I find it curious it coincides with the opening of THE GRATEFUL DEAD ARCHIVE.

The RRHF could have, should have had this display years ago..

Sorry to piss on the bubble, but a HOF that doesn't include Yes, The Moody Blues, Rush, SRV, ect. ect. I have no time for. I'll save my money for Santa Cruz.

But I encourage you guys to get together...my comment was not meant to discourage that. Just think the RRHF isn't.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#113528 2 years, 9 months ago
TS ~ I agree about TRRHF, they are strange not to Have J. Geils, SRV, Moody Blues etc... I NEVER really understood also why Cleveland and over Detroit, New Orleans, San Fran, NYCI, Chicago... More Politics and garbage but at least NOW they are honoring the GD by the display although I saw The Furthur Bus there back in the 90's after they opened when I was there for The Baseball All Star Game. Its more about us getting together to celebrate The GD and all they mean to us "Bolts" and showing ourselves a good time. Thanks for chiming in
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#113529 2 years, 9 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
TS ~ I agree about TRRHF, they are strange not to Have J. Geils, SRV, Moody Blues etc... I NEVER really understood also why Cleveland and over Detroit, New Orleans, San Fran, NYCI, Chicago... More Politics and garbage but at least NOW they are honoring the GD by the display although I saw The Furthur Bus there back in the 90's after they opened when I was there for The Baseball All Star Game. Its more about us getting together to celebrate The GD and all they mean to us "Bolts" and showing ourselves a good time. Thanks for chiming in

yep, yep

All for bringing the freak flag to Cleveland and letting it wave wide and high.

Put Philly in that list too!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#113626 2 years, 9 months ago
OK now I really want Furthur to play Michigan or Cleveland!!!!!!!!!

But I kinda have a feeling they are gonna roll through summer tour!!! Just keep those good thoughts....

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#113688 2 years, 9 months ago
I'd love to make it to see this as well, hopefully Bob and/or Phil play close by before december cause that will seal the deal.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds