• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Steve
Junior Boarder

Re: smallest venue you've seen FURTHUR play in

#113918 2 years, 6 months ago
Auditorium Theatre, Chicago. About 3500 people, if memory serves correct.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allis185
Fresh Boarder

#113934 2 years, 6 months ago
The Auditorium Theater were some of the first shows and they still had Jay playing with them. Those were some unforgettable shows and a very very nice venue. Wish they would go back to those type of places and get away from the easy paycheck of bigger venues.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113950 2 years, 6 months ago
allis--do you think they stepped up to AHL sized arenas from theaters because there was more money, or their fanbase grew exponentially?

they did go back to that type o f thing, the beacon theater for 8 nights. i know you have not posted much and i'm not sure how long you've been around checking things out but when they "went back to those type of places" people on here went beserk. complete meltdown by some.

it's impossible to make everybody happy but i think this band does a great job of playing in different environments. if you're into the small theater/aud scene, i'd expect you to be on board all 8 nights in the spring, it'd be right up your alley
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#113972 2 years, 6 months ago
19 Broadway Fairfax set:

Playin in the Band, Althea, Let It Grow, Welcome to the Dance, Cassidy, Hey Jude, Lady with a Fan > Terrapin, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower
E: Good Lovin
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113977 2 years, 6 months ago
little bear i was looking for the date but i located it. 2009-11-20. was not pulling it up before, and couldn't recall the show.

canyon, that's wild. glad someone from here was able to attend such an intimate setting.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#113979 2 years, 6 months ago
i thought tower theater was the smallest i saw them in but someone said asbury park is smaller so one of those...beacon goin to be the smallest i think, i could be wrong tho...
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#113998 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
little bear i was looking for the date but i located it. 2009-11-20. was not pulling it up before, and couldn't recall the show.

canyon, that's wild. glad someone from here was able to attend such an intimate setting.

Ahh that will teach me to proof read, Thought you said "what did furthur play there"
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#114017 2 years, 6 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I've only seen larger venues.
Beacon theatre will be my most intimate venue.
Prior to that, possibly Syracuse this past November, Or BGCC NYE 2010

What nights will you be at the Beacon....even if i don't have a ticket I want to meet you and thank you personally for having such a funny profile picture....it cracks me up everytime i see it. Can i buy you a drink or a ganja brownie? Maybe a rueben with russian and slaw? ny has great ruebens and corned beef....but just to shake your hand would be fine too. How will i find you...i assume thats not your real picture....if it is Im sorry but its hilarious!!!!
fatdog
Junior Boarder

#114023 2 years, 6 months ago
Cornell or Penn's Peak
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#114041 2 years, 6 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
I've only seen larger venues.
Beacon theatre will be my most intimate venue.
Prior to that, possibly Syracuse this past November, Or BGCC NYE 2010

What nights will you be at the Beacon....even if i don't have a ticket I want to meet you and thank you personally for having such a funny profile picture....it cracks me up everytime i see it. Can i buy you a drink or a ganja brownie? Maybe a rueben with russian and slaw? ny has great ruebens and corned beef....but just to shake your hand would be fine too. How will i find you...i assume thats not your real picture....if it is Im sorry but its hilarious!!!!

he wants a dose. the guy has been innocently seeking a dose for a long time.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds