• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

remember E.P.A. said bout ground zero air quality

#11305 3 years, 5 months ago
well, I dont trust what theyre saying now bout radiation levels...
shouldnt Phil/Bobby move (ALL) their operations East, just to be safe????!!!

: 4:30 pm PDT March 18, 2011

REDDING, Calif. -- Small levels of radiation from Japan were detected by a federal radiation monitor in Sacramento Friday morning - the first sign that radiation from the country's unstable Fukushima plant has reached the U.S.

The U.S. Government has an extensive network of radiation monitors around the county, including systems operated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy.

One of these monitoring stations in Sacramento detected miniscule quantities of the radioactive isotope xenon-133. The origin was determined to be consistent with a release from the Fukushima reactors. The levels detected were approximately 0.1 disintegrations per second per cubic meter of air (0.1 Bq/m3), which is roughly about one-millionth the dose rate a person normally receives from rocks, bricks, sun and other natural background resources.

Xenon-133 is a radioactive noble gas produced during nuclear fission that poses no concern at the detected level.

The EPA & DOE released a joint statement Friday stating that no radiation levels of concern have been detected in any part of the detection network. This type of reading is consistent with expectations following the tragedy in Japan and is expected to continue in the coming days.

For more information on the EPA's RadNet system
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
reb
Visitor

Re: remember E.P.A. said bout ground zero air quality

#11386 3 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, for the time being we might be safer on the east coast, but remember that NYC is within 50 miles of Indian Point Nuclear Plant in Montrose, NY.

I've now read the article that you posted and it is frightening especially since hearing today's news that Japan's emmissions are at Chernobyl levels.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by .
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#11393 3 years, 5 months ago
what ?wait a minute the goverment lies to us? im shocked shocked i tell ya
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11396 3 years, 5 months ago
And the evacuation plan in the USA is only required to be for a 10 mile radius.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#11400 3 years, 5 months ago
by that time it'll be a little late anyway
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds