• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Sitting at Home During Wanee

#112939 2 years, 8 months ago
Would be hard to take.

I don't go to every show I can because of the cost. I'm sure most people are like that.
I go when I can, and try to make it a wild experience if I can. Less quantity is OK for me.

Seeing all the NYE pics, everyone having fun in San Francisco, meeting other forum members, sightseeing, the dragon, etc. was great in one respect. I enjoy the ability to see what it was like from the comfort and relative affordability of my home.

It was a little hard to take though. Missing out on a good time like that should be. I was a little bit bummed I couldn't go, like a lot of people. I don't really mind, because I know I'll have my chance sooner or later.

When it comes to Wanee, later is now.

As fast as it has come together for so many members, it looks to be a great time. There are so many people I want to meet from this board, and thank them for their kind words. The camping will give us a place to hang out, have a meal, bs, you know, all that stuff. The line up has the only bands I see. I'm going to stand between the speakers and absorb the Mickey show through my chakra's. Where else do you get to hear live interpretations of the sound of space? Come on, how many chances do you get to do that? Hornsby rolling around on the keys. Two Furthur shows. Etc...

I'm just saying it looks to be a heck of a good time. If you're on the fence you may want to take a better look. I am usually on the fence and say no, I don't go. Looking at the pics after would be disappointing. You may well get your chance later, but this seems like its going to be great.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Ossumpei.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, SunshineSue
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sitting at Home During Wanee

#112942 2 years, 8 months ago
I can not go. The reason is because I have plans with my family around the same time as this festival to travel to Japan. I wish i could make it there but I can not.......Life goes on
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#112944 2 years, 8 months ago
I feel you. We leave in the upper midwest so distance, cost and a new baby are always factors but we will make this one. Looks to be an amazing time. Not so pumped about camping and what not but it always turns out to be fun.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#112947 2 years, 8 months ago
Always family first splatter! There will be plenty of experiences to share when you get back. I'd like to hear about Japan!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#112948 2 years, 8 months ago
PartPat wrote:
I feel you. We leave in the upper midwest so distance, cost and a new baby are always factors but we will make this one. Looks to be an amazing time. Not so pumped about camping and what not but it always turns out to be fun.

I wish my misses was into it, but I usually fly solo to shows and meet people there. The lonely life of a music lover
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#112950 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
PartPat wrote:

I wish my misses was into it, but I usually fly solo to shows and meet people there. The lonely life of a music lover

Funny you mention that my wife who is amazing always gave me a bit of a hard time about it. She went to college in portland and had dreads for like 10 years and people sterotyped her as a hippy and for whatever reason she hated it. So she did what she ocould to distance herself from that image she didnt smoke weed, listen to jam band music etc, but is still a kind sole. In the years since we have been together the Dead have been a constant back round music and she finally agreed hey this is great and I took her to her first show in Madison in November, NOW she gets it and is down 100%.....It was a conversion process that took many years but she had her mind BLOWN by them it was amazing the change it instantly made in her attitude in life and towards me. So no more going to shows solo which is dope i can share the music I lve with the woman I love

Ps. my spelling and grammar blow. Sorry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes, mcolleen
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#112951 2 years, 8 months ago
Japan is pretty cool too Splatterface. I'm sure you will get more chances for concerts than to go there.

We will have to meet later. Maybe during the fall tour.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#112952 2 years, 8 months ago
PartPat wrote:
Bakes wrote:
PartPat wrote:

Funny you mention that my wife who is amazing always gave me a bit of a hard time about it. She went to college in portland and had dreads for like 10 years and people sterotyped her as a hippy and for whatever reason she hated it. So she did what she ocould to distance herself from that image she didnt smoke weed, listen to jam band music etc, but is still a kind sole. In the years since we have been together the Dead have been a constant back round music and she finally agreed hey this is great and I took her to her first show in Madison in November, NOW she gets it and is down 100%.....It was a conversion process that took many years but she had her mind BLOWN by them it was amazing the change it instantly made in her attitude in life and towards me. So no more going to shows solo which is dope i can share the music I lve with the woman I love

Ps. my spelling and grammar blow. Sorry

Pretty funny turn of events, usually it's the other way around!
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#112953 2 years, 8 months ago
Pretty funny turn of events, usually it's the other way around![/quote]

Yeah I suppose you are right:-)
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#112957 2 years, 8 months ago
Im VERY LUCKY and BLESSED to be able to make Wanee work this time around. It is going to be A LONG drive from NYC to Live Oak (17.5 hours ) but the chance to meet some friends and be under the stars with Furthur followed by The Allmans along with my good friend Daley coming, is a win win. I hope everyone who is thinking or trying to make it happen DOES GO! Best of luck TO ALL, Peace
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds