• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
skyties
Junior Boarder

Re: Let me Tell Ya...Wanee is Where it's at!

#113061 2 years, 9 months ago
What a great way to end spring tour.....two shows in FLA- going where the climate suites my clothes . Can't wait till spring.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#113088 2 years, 9 months ago
dang, I really hope that MOFRO is playing the kickoff party of Wednesday. That would be sweeeeeet!

From Wanee FB "Just wanted to be clear on this as we have seen a bunch of questions / concern...there absolutely WILL be a Wanee Kick Off Party with live music on Wednesday night (April 18). Just like in years past, your general admission 3 day ticket will also give you access to the Wanee Kick Off Party. Camping on that night Wednesday night will be an additional fee.

The official start time for the Kick Off Party and the bands performing will be announced soon, but expect some local favorites"
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Bakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#113240 2 years, 9 months ago
Totally agree, and though I always look forward to it, this might possibly be the best ever. I am going out of my mind and can't wait to see everyone there. If you've never been do yourself a favor and make this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Canyon Critter
Junior Boarder
Love is Real...Not Fade away....Golf Pro.

#113243 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey boyz and girlz...

Ok, you are on the right track....I've been to a few festivals, and yes the Furthur Fest was an awesome festival and that counts brother Here's the skinny for those of you planning on getting there early.

We just heard from the Suwanee director and yes they are going to have a Pre-Show as they do every year, they don't actually announce it per say. Wednesday is usually the day where everyone who wants to get there early does. Try to keep this on the down low, not to be exclusive, but because it makes it a more enjoyable experience for all of us. OF COURSE, tell all your friends and the people on this site, but just don't go announcing that EVERY year they have a wonderful "Early Bird" experience for all of us. It's kind of like how they say" every year", that Bikes aren't allowed, yet they are more abundant than the Spanish moss. Basically, it's in your best interest to get there early. If you are not going to get a "reserved" RV type campsite, then head closest to the Mushroom Stage as possible in the general camping area. If you get there early enough it's a piece of cake and we've used tarps, tape, and String to rope off trees, etc.! Then let the kind folks, sisters and brothers of this site camp together. It's really not super crowded if you get there early.

Now, as far as family goes, it would be really cool if we ALL camped around each other to create the best vibe as possible and also to weed out the wookies if you know what I mean. We need to create a family area. Throw some ideas my way and I'll try to help. Here's a specific Google Map of the park labeled. The best spots to rope off and get a group area going are in between the Mushroom Stage, Rees Lake, and the Pine Field.

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20477669488...pn=0.004674,0.010568

I should be getting there on Tuesday, and should be able to help if needed.

I also like the idea of using the Fan Connect of this site...as long as it's True Family and not the rift raft (sorry, I don't frequent the Furthur Site as much as others so I just don't know how that works)

Love is Real Not Fade Away,
~Critter

P.S. I will tell you that the Wanee Brothers and Sisters are amazing people and they will help us deadheads out if we need it. Make sure to ask me or PM me with any questions or the such and I will get your question answered by the source if needed.
~~~♥♥♥♥~~~♥♪♫♪♫☮♥ I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water ♥☮ ♫♪♫♪♥~~~♥♥♥♥~~~
But then again....I'd rather be a kind lovin' hippy and listen to the best music possible!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Canyon Critter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Strider1
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#113244 2 years, 9 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
THANKS Canyon,
I am making the trek from NYC after the Beacon Run! Dusting off my GPS

we are too! from NC originally so we'll fly back to Charlotte & drive straight down on the 19th. So stoked.

Also it'll be interesting to see Furthur Beacon vs Furthur Wanee. Catching 2 of each - last 4 of the tour. The dynamic should be great and some things I miss at the first 6 Beacon shows will be replayed at Wanee.
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Canyon Critter
Junior Boarder
Love is Real...Not Fade away....Golf Pro.

#113246 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh and I forgot to add, camping the night before is like $20 bucks for your group, depending on how close you get with the security.
~~~♥♥♥♥~~~♥♪♫♪♫☮♥ I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water ♥☮ ♫♪♫♪♥~~~♥♥♥♥~~~
But then again....I'd rather be a kind lovin' hippy and listen to the best music possible!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#113253 2 years, 9 months ago
heynowdeadheadbrothersandsisters, wowowowowo, Wanee is calling! But does anyone know if the 10 am time on Friday

is eastern or central time? Saw the two together at the Gorge in like 09 or so?? Actually they shoudl have been the

headliner, as they were the tighter and more cohesive of the night....just always cheering for Phil and Bobby, but

man, Greg can still kick it on dowwwwn. First ABB show in probably 85...first show with Warren in like 90? It was the first

show of the tour and started in St.Louis. Ohtheyfuckinrocked!! Florida is their home-State. Put in your plugs...GD
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Bilbo.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#113278 2 years, 9 months ago
Florida is in the Eastern time zone. Is it true that Furthur will perform before ABB? I pictured them taking turns headlining.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#113279 2 years, 9 months ago
Has anyone been to the Wednesday night kick off party before? I am wondering if it's worth adding another night to the trip. I have found a cheap flight from St. Croix to Orlando but it arrives at 8:30 pm so I would have to fly on Tuesday in order to catch the kick off party.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#113280 2 years, 9 months ago
wow,
Leftover Salmon....bluegrass in the HouSE !!!!
Mickey hart, BRUCE HORNSBY, and furthur, and THE ALLMAN BROS....
those five acts make it worth the trip down to FL.

hornsby, hart, and leftover Salmon....sweeeeeet emmooooootttioooonnnnn
i sure hope i can get the xtra funds to make it happen. probably not, but yall have fun...looks like fun....LLFUN

On the day when I was born, my Daddy sat down and cried.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by iraqistatefair.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds