• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Canyon Critter
Junior Boarder
Love is Real...Not Fade away....Golf Pro.

Let me Tell Ya...Wanee is Where it's at!

#112902 2 years, 9 months ago
I just have to blurt this out to all you Deadhead folks. I've been going to this festival for quite sometime (but apparently they've had it for over a decade) an I'm telling you, BEST FESTIVAL I've been to by far no doubt. I've been to Bonnaroo, All Good, Gathering of the Vibes (Second Best!), the first Rothbury, Day on the Green, can't even count.

As a Deadhead, and as a fellow Brother to you all, I must say this is the by far the best festival on the planet earth! So Kind, so much good lovin, great times, perfect venue (it's a Music Park for Chrimeny Sake), and one of the best all around Musical Bands playing all around in a killer fashion.

We've been talking about Furthur Playing this thing for quite along time, and FINALLY they are doing it. Alllman Brothers are unreal in this venue, I've seen them many times, and dudes/ladies.....YOU CAN'T MISS WANEE!!!!!!!!!!

Just Sayin'

Tickets go on Sale Friday for all you non-early Birds.........Hey Besides it's 4/20 mmmmhhhhhmmmm
www.waneefestival.com

Love is Real!
~Critter

Warm Up Brothers and Sisters Video for wanee 2011

And 2010 39 minute amateur document of Deadheads going to Wanee (most for the first time) This one is long, but just skip to conversation.

Basically YOU ALL NEED A WANEE VACATION!!!!!!!

~~~♥♥♥♥~~~♥♪♫♪♫☮♥ I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water ♥☮ ♫♪♫♪♥~~~♥♥♥♥~~~
But then again....I'd rather be a kind lovin' hippy and listen to the best music possible!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Canyon Critter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Ken
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

Re: Let me Tell Ya...Wanee is Where it's at!

#112917 2 years, 9 months ago
nice. Thanks for passing through Canyon.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#112935 2 years, 9 months ago
THANKS Canyon,
I am making the trek from NYC after the Beacon Run! Dusting off my GPS
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
paulr
Junior Boarder

#112936 2 years, 9 months ago
It's so much more than the headliners too.
Last years Radiators, every year Derel Trucks, Oteill and the Lee Boys, Jaimoes Jasss Band.
We've had Scaring the Children, Ratdog, on and on Panic, Moe..........
Wanee !!!!
Oh yeah, and when it gets too much head tot he river foro a swim......ahhh
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#112955 2 years, 9 months ago
North Mississippi Allstars!!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113016 2 years, 9 months ago
not one person has had anything negative to say about wanee. unless you want to consider a specific persons stupidity in public a negative to the festival.

i have not been to a fesitival since 2006 (except furthur festival in 2010), last one must've been vibes. i used to do "the circuit" and hit up all the big name festi's because a lot of cool bands were going through. well, for me anyways, lots of bands i wasn't interested in came into the scene and also too many folks there to get twisted and not go listen to music. i decided at the end of that year that they weren't for me and i had no desire to go any longer. i've always heard good things about wanee and this years lineup looks like a blast. i've also been secretly itching to hit a festival type atmosphere as i am a little worn out with the theaters and arenas. i need some fresh open air. a place where i can groove no hassles. best of all, tons of folks from here plan on going. i really want to get a forum camping section. i'm going to e-mail their contact and see what i can swing.

sounds like the wanee folks have wanted furthur down there for a while, and many of us are looking for this type of venue to see the band (especially after the beacons)

so yeah, wanee must be where it's at this summer!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#113022 2 years, 9 months ago
Probably the best we can do is get some folks to get there early and use some CAUTION tape to rope off an area. I will be trying to get there Wednesday or very early Thursday. I still have caution tape packed in my gear from the last festival at the Suwannee We should get the discussion going in Connect.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#113052 2 years, 9 months ago
i'm definitely in on it. i am not sure when i will be arriving so i can't committ to anything like that...yet.

is the caution tape the accepted practice? sounds a little similar to red rocks tarping.

i would love it if we could make it happen!

you're right though, we should get a thread going in fan connect, try to get as accurate of a count on folks as we can.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#113053 2 years, 9 months ago
I love festivals as long as they're not rock festivals. I would never put myself through that. Camping just makes a festival all the more enjoyable (if the bathroom facilities are operational). I've been reading up on Wanee and KNOW Wanee is where it's at, not just because of the location and lineup, but because of the stellar forum members who are planning on attending! Correct me if I'm wrong, Strider, but we're going to try to get there Wed. or early Thurs.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#113057 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, it's pretty common, but it definitely helps to have some tents and what not set up on the edges to protect the space the later it gets. Space can get competitive for late-comers.

wlewis wrote:
i'm definitely in on it. i am not sure when i will be arriving so i can't committ to anything like that...yet.

is the caution tape the accepted practice? sounds a little similar to red rocks tarping.

i would love it if we could make it happen!

you're right though, we should get a thread going in fan connect, try to get as accurate of a count on folks as we can.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds