• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

Re: stadium show?

#113099 2 years, 9 months ago
a stadium concert would probably suck, i would probably still go though. I'm pretty sure that the BGCC is more than just seven thousand people, i know that is what it says on wikipedia, but i think there are only 7000 seats and whatever the amount the floor holds. a huge 60,000 plus seat stadium would look awfully bad with only about 10 or 12 thousand people there. The first day at the shoreline shows in june looked pretty empty out on the lawn, but the second night it looked as though it was sold out. lets keep the shows to the small venues!
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#113115 2 years, 9 months ago
i'd go, but that being said ANY day of the year i'd choose a theatre over an arena and an arena over a shed and a shed over a stadium...but on the flip side i'd choose going to see a show over not going to see one so if they play stadiums i'd go, but keep it up with the theaters!
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113117 2 years, 9 months ago
I just don't get it, sunny, outdoor shows, lots of space. I understand it may not make economic sense for the band, but I'm surprised at all the dislike by the fans for the big venues.

All I know is some the best shows I've ever seen have been in Stadiums. Maybe it's just nastalgia for me. But RFK, Rich Stadium, the old Giant Stadium +++ have always been super kind for me.

Plus they often come with a warm up band, and they often ended with fireworks (by us fans).

But I agree, selling 50,000 tickets would be a struggle.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#113118 2 years, 9 months ago
My First GD show was at Rich Stadium in Buffalo in 1993
My First Furthur Show(s) were at MCU Park in Brooklyn in 2010.

If I HAD TO go to a stadium show, I would prefer to attend a show in a 15K statdium, as opposed to a place like Rich or Giants Stadium with 100000 other people.

With that being said, I still would choose a more intimate setting, like a Beacon Theatre.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113140 2 years, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
My First GD show was at Rich Stadium in Buffalo in 1993
My First Furthur Show(s) were at MCU Park in Brooklyn in 2010.

If I HAD TO go to a stadium show, I would prefer to attend a show in a 15K statdium, as opposed to a place like Rich or Giants Stadium with 100000 other people.

With that being said, I still would choose a more intimate setting, like a Beacon Theatre.

I was at both of those but I am sad to say I suspect our path's never crossed. I don't think I'd forget seeing that avitar even with 100,000 other freaks.

Good thing about "smaller" places is it's much more difficult to really lose your car.

Felt like Bethel and SPAC were both large venues. If wilkkipedia was up I'd look that one up.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#113225 2 years, 9 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
OP- were you at toyota park phish shows? in 09 and 10 were damn good shows but i personally wouldnt want to see furthur there. They need to do a 3 night run at UIC!!

I was at that show for Phish. I gotta say it was pretty damn cool seeing them in a larger venue. And i've only seen them at Deer Creek that seats 25,000 people and toyota park was a pretty fun show for me. Kinda felt like i was at a RFK or a Anahiem Stadium dead show for a little bit! But i do under stand that people like smaller venues and i personally do because its the retro GD Style of shows.
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#113447 2 years, 9 months ago
Chester wrote:
I also would steer away from a stadium type show. I love the types of venues they play now.
I saw too many stadium shows in the 90's.

Chester, what do you and others mean by this sentiment? What do you not like about Stadium shows? I saw a ton of them and other than ticketless crashers, the shows themselves were phenomenal. My choice would be inside venue but the outdoor summer treats give me great memories of throngs of people
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Chester
More or less in line

#113455 2 years, 9 months ago
I saw a lot of stadium shows, and I did enjoy them. I feel at this point in my life, I like a more mangeable experience.
And I really like the intimacy of most of the smaller venues they currently perform at. I accepted the fact that the GD
drew such a large crowd, stadiums were ineveitable for summer tours. But I seriously prefered the spring and fall tours,
so I could have a chance to see them in smaller venues. Even though it became difficult to get tickets for those shows.
I wont say that I wouldnt go, but I would probably lean towards the non-stadium shows if I had a choice.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds