• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: stadium show?

#112967 2 years, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I didn't like stadium shows back in the 90's let alone now... The Silver Bowl in Vegas is the exception ...

I went in '91. The "Birdsong" with Santana, + the slot machine space on 4/28. Good freakin" show. I think that would still be to big.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#112982 2 years, 9 months ago
I guess I can understand the interest in a big show in a big place, and that it might sound exciting. But after being in that 2700 seat auditorium in Indy, I never want to go to a big venue again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#112995 2 years, 9 months ago
There is no way it would be financially feasable for the band to do it. They just do not get that many people. Does anyone have attendance figures for them? Do you know how empty rich stadium would look with 10k people? I would not be adverse to going though.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by newyawker.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#112998 2 years, 9 months ago
newyawker wrote:
There is no way it would be financially feasable for the band to do it. They just do not get that many people. Does anyone have attendance figures for them? Do you know how empty rich stadium would look with 10k people? I would not be adverse to going though.

Other then MSG ,+ RR, the average capacity for their venues is probably around 5,000 people I'm guessing. Like my friend says, not that many people care about Furthur....But I do. Way to many stadium shows in the 80's, + 90's. Dont' miss it one bit.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#112999 2 years, 9 months ago
Not a chance... they couldn't even fill up half of Shoreline on their home turf.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#113029 2 years, 9 months ago
theuch24 wrote:
yeah but the thought of it, it would be a pretty cool thing to experience. maybe they could sell out like a soccer stadium like phish did two years ago. my last furthur show was in indy and that only seats 2,700 pretty cool

no thank you. It was never, nor will it be, cool, other than for hearing good music on a stage a mile away. Believe those who speak of such things on this thread.

Honey may attract many bees, but that does not mean it will be a happy colony.
Chester
More or less in line

#113034 2 years, 9 months ago
I also would steer away from a stadium type show. I love the types of venues they play now.
I saw too many stadium shows in the 90's.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113039 2 years, 9 months ago
I love the smaller venues too, but there is something about an outdoor summer show that is extra special. Some of the smaller venues leave something to be desired as far as space to grove and spin.

I will follow them anywhere I can. It doesn't matter to me if it's Giants Stadium, Best Buy or Bethel.

I think the fans play a larger part in creating the magic of furthur when compared to the Grateful Dead. So as long as there are fans, I don't see how you can skip a show that is geographically desirable.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#113043 2 years, 9 months ago
Again, without Mickey and billy, its not even up for discussion, so who cares about how many shows yall saw in the 90's or in Indiana, doent matter. I saw the dead just once in 94 at the spectrum....I never saw a stadium show and i really want to get a whole bunch under my belt before I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#113062 2 years, 9 months ago
OP- were you at toyota park phish shows? in 09 and 10 were damn good shows but i personally wouldnt want to see furthur there. They need to do a 3 night run at UIC!!
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds