• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#113385 2 years, 9 months ago
I can't believe that Obama signed the NDAA despite having "serious reservations." What a fucking hypocrite. If he actually cared about preserving our constitutional right to due process then he would have used his line item veto. My political philosophy is far left, but I find myself in a situation where the only acceptable candidate is from the far right. I have come to believe that our government is so corrupt that any attempt to reform society or the economy will be tainted. How can justice and equality exist in a society that imprisons millions of harmless drug users? I think that we need to tear down this government in order to build it back up from a clean foundation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder

#113387 2 years, 9 months ago
I might not vote against Obama, but I certainly won't vote for him.
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#113392 2 years, 9 months ago
Fuggit. No one cares anyway.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Lynx3000.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#113408 2 years, 9 months ago
Lynx3000 wrote:

I care! I may not agree, but I care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#113411 2 years, 9 months ago
The President does not have a line item veto. He did do a signing statement saying that he himself will not enforce the law. I too am far to the left of Obama but I can see that he at least tries to do the right thing most of the time. On the drug war he has been better than anyone before him even though he hasn't done what he promised. The Keystone and SOPA veto pretty much made me into a 2 time Obama voter but we will see what happens between now and then. We need election reform badly!!!!!!!!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#113427 2 years, 9 months ago
JK I didn't mean anything against you at all if you took it that way...

I was just stating what the president, congress, whoever in the office did for me. Sorry about your cut in wages too. It's not fun at all. I don't know if it was Obama who passed that or not all I remember is getting the official email from the president himself stating what's going to happen to our wages.

I'm very thankful for my job and that I have a job. But sometimes I feel so outta my skin working there...

And as for 20's complaining and not voting. I'm 20 something I complain and I vote!

But I shouldn't have gotten into this discussion. I don't understand politics and government probably cuz I don't read enough books. All I know is I'm happy when I'm dancing and hearing those sweet songs that fill the air! And if "they" wanna take that away from me well.....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#113433 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Lynx3000 wrote:

I care! I may not agree, but I care.

Thanks Sue. I had typed a whole long thing explaining what I really think about these issues... but then decided that it probably wan't smart to post it on a public forum. I have no desire to get more attention from the gmen then I am presently enjoying.

By the way, some (ok... most) of what I post is just goofing around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113438 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

I was just stating what the president, congress, whoever in the office did for me. Sorry about your cut in wages too. It's not fun at all. I don't know if it was Obama who passed that or not all I remember is getting the official email from the president himself stating what's going to happen to our wages.

I'm very thankful for my job and that I have a job. But sometimes I feel so outta my skin working there...

And as for 20's complaining and not voting. I'm 20 something I complain and I vote!

But I shouldn't have gotten into this discussion. I don't understand politics and government probably cuz I don't read enough books. All I know is I'm happy when I'm dancing and hearing those sweet songs that fill the air! And if "they" wanna take that away from me well.....

you understand what I think is the most important part. Have your voice heard and VOTE.

Now that I am "older" (but not old) I try to vote in almost more elections. The only ones I skip are the real local ones (like town sheriff), which is probably bad on my part, but I don't know anyone. To me school budget votes are as important as the presidential ones. Our school budget votes sometimes come down to a handful of votes because of the low turnout. Its a running joke, were more voters young or old. Young = budget passes, older = just like Jerry in Red (trouble ahead - no budget).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#113507 2 years, 9 months ago
B-Rad, you are right Planned Parenthood by law is not permitted to spend federal dollars on abortion, but as is the case in so many things the devil is in the details so to speak. The question so many people have with this deal where I believe close to 375 million dollars goes to P.P, who perform over 25% or so of abortions nationwide are the fungiblity issues involved where the very same faclitites/personnel that are used to prevent unintended pregancies are used to perform abortions. I am all for P.P. and what they stand for but I think it would be naive to believe that some sort impermeable membrane exists to separate the two very different services. Even for a company as much in the public concsiousness it would require a very resolote form of self policing for there not to be some comingling of monies even in the face of federal law. I used to not be such a cynic but todays economic situation is in large part due to very questionable choices/practices by folks who knew better so much so that Greenspan(mr. "free market") who thought the markets would always take care of themselves admitted to being wrong about the markets and what I believe is the inherent propensity of capitalism for short term gains in lieu of longterm viability and stability. All this done while federal regulations were in place to prevent abuses and manipulations. So, if only 3% of what P.P. does is abortions maybe they should forfeit these services so there would be no question of culpability in order to recieve such a massive amount of government cheese. I for one would feel better about that. For the record I do believe in choice when it comes to rape, incest, etc., but subsidies to a company's whose stated intent at least in part is preventing unintended pregancies is a bit like paying the fox to watch the hen house.

I agree with you "Obamacare" is not perfect but the political reality is compromise is necessary and this is only the beginning of fleshing something out, a much needed step in the right direction nonetheless
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder

#113697 2 years, 9 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
The President does not have a line item veto.

are you sure? this was all I could find about it... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-item_veto
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#113701 2 years, 9 months ago
IMO

This is exactly the type of polarized conversation that they hope can distract voters.

Abortion
Gun Policy
Gay
Terror...terror
gay marriage
Terror Terror

These are not the biggest problems facing the fall of the empire.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#113714 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

I was never offended Flower. These political discussions ARE of such importance that I think we all get passionate about our opinions and beliefs. I am so glad to hear that YOU are of the 20 something persuasion and exercise you right to vote. Your political voice and those in your age group are VERY important to this Presidents campaign. I was very indifferent about it all in my 20's, but now I shout it loud and proud because I read and hear such misinformation being spread around that it annoys me. I am not bitter towards our president for my loss of income though. It is what it is....actually and sadly it's probably a case of the owner of my company being greedy by cutting workers wages.

Furthur was a huge part of Obama's campaign in 2008 and I'm sure they will continue their support this year.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds