• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#210489 1 year, 10 months ago
Way to go Elizabeth Warren, the new Senator-elect from Massachusetts!! Wherever Ted Kennedy is, I'm sure he's very glad his old seat is now in her hands, rather than that of a former nude centerfold.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#210491 1 year, 10 months ago
Lynx3000 wrote:
My loss of faith is not so much in one candidate as it is in the system itself. But for what it is worth, while billions of people are starving in this world I don't need voting advice from someone who drives a ferrari.....

the wat Phil SLAPS that bass, what else would you expect him to drive ??????

-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#210494 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Morning rant time:

Want to know why you should vote? Want to know why the Occupy movement is worthwhile and necessary? Then take a look at Mitt Romney's tax information which was just released.:

2011: Income = $20.9M; Taxes = 3.2M (15.4%)
2010: Income = $21.7M; Taxes = 3M (13.9%)

I don't know about you, but I'd love to earn $57,000 A DAY and only pay 14-15% in Federal taxes. Yep, over the last 2 years, he's pulled in $42.6 million dollars in income and paid far less in taxes than most other people. The 15% tax bracket for regular wages currently cuts off at about $68,000/year. Earn over that, you're subsidizing the Romney's multiple houses. I have no problem with him making money. There's even a somewhat reasonable economic argument that can be made for taxing investment income differently than wages. But not to this degree!! The middle class is rapidly disappearing, and the Republican party, including Ron Paul, thinks that's just dandy. Again, there's absolutely nothing innately wrong with being rich. But there is something very wrong with the wealthy controlling the tax code and benefiting themselves on the backs of people that actually work for a living. So please keep these numbers in mind at the ballot box.

Rant over, at least until after tonight's State of the Union address. I'll return to my coffee now.

-- smell every flower --
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#210505 1 year, 10 months ago
Four more years, with no re-election to think about. This could bring some very good things!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#210506 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes we did

In the Senate too!

Forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#210508 1 year, 10 months ago
If you look back in this thread... I said it was over a month ago barring a "epic event or slip".... game over!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#210510 1 year, 10 months ago
In Colorado, the marijuana legalization amendment is currently passing; hope that one holds on!

Hmmm, the Romney campaign is not conceding yet. Wonder how long they'll hang on to their illusion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#210512 1 year, 10 months ago
Karl Rove and Mitt r not accepting the call of Ohio. Rove is a lot of things, one of them is a numbers crunchers. Even now he is saying that Obama may win, but... Obama just won Nevada and Colorado, so even without Ohio, Obama has it in the bag. He has 289 elecoral votes. Yesterday, Romney was writing his acceptance speech. Now we will see how he concedes. Will it be graceful or will he go out kicking and screaming.
A good night for America!
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#210514 1 year, 10 months ago
Yep, marijuana is now LEGAL in Colorado for recreational use! Wow!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#210515 1 year, 10 months ago
Thats it.. Colorado or bust... pack bags in morning ..check... I knew I'd see this in my lifetime..
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#210518 1 year, 10 months ago
Romney will not concede... Waaaaaah. His arrogance is astounding.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#210519 1 year, 10 months ago
Looks like the Washington legalization measure is going to pass, too. Let's hope this starts a major domino effect once those tax revenues start to roll in.
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds