• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#208772 1 year, 5 months ago
Stephen Stills on Mitt Romney: 'I Never Thought I'd See a Creepier Politician Than Nixon'

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stephen-...-than-nixon-20121029
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree, Phred
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#208776 1 year, 5 months ago
Please remember that Romney has said he would eliminate FEMA and privatize it, though of course in the eye of the current storm he's trying to frantically flip-flop on a position that's on video. I'm not sure I want for-profit insurance companies in control of disaster relief.

news.firedoglake.com/2012/10/29/romney-e...or-privatizing-fema/
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser, Phred
Phred
Senior Boarder

#208815 1 year, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Please remember that Romney has said he would eliminate FEMA and privatize it, though of course in the eye of the current storm he's trying to frantically flip-flop on a position that's on video. I'm not sure I want for-profit insurance companies in control of disaster relief.

news.firedoglake.com/2012/10/29/romney-e...or-privatizing-fema/

It is not just Romney, it is most of the Republican't party. Ryan wants to end FEMA as well, and Eric Cantor is the poster boy for the movement...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#208870 1 year, 5 months ago
Interesting take on the Obama presidency "so far" from a former supporter:

althouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/camille-pa...ed-for-obama-in.html

Wonder if this ad will help unite us

Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by mtnhead.
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#208871 1 year, 5 months ago
kevin wrote:
I'm not big on debating every strength or weakness of either candidate, BUT this election is truly a war of the classes.

If you're a millionaire who wants to protect your portfolio,vote for Romney
If you have to work everyday and count on your employer for health benefits and quality of life, vote for Obama

Romney's history seems to dictate he would not have bailed out the big 3 automakers, but would have let them fail. His history of profiting on American business failures speaks for itself.

Obama is far from perfect, but his policies do seem to be in the best interest of the majority of Americans, not just the rich and very white people (I.E. Mormons and the far right)

Obama will only lose if Americans develop voter apathy and stay home instead of exercising their duty to elect the best candidate for EVERYONE

It's a divided nation between the haves and have nots and the political class is exploiting that division to the fullest to say that their side stands for the have nots. There is so much anger and envy and all other sorts of negative emotions running rampant in our society. No matter who wins, sadly, that's not going away.

I mean, if your guy wins, will it make you feel better ? No matter what side your on ? What about the other half of the country ? What will they be feeling ? This divisive shit scares me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#208920 1 year, 5 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
I mean, if your guy wins, will it make you feel better ?

You bet I'll feel better if Obama wins. That means any FFF with a pre-existing condition can get health care so they don't die. It means 45 million people won't lose insurance coverage on inauguration day. It means a continuation of Medicaid coverage to millions of elderly in nursing homes. It means I'll be allowed to control my own health care decisions. It means birth control methods won't be restricted to condoms and withdrawal. It means a fertilized egg won't be considered a "person" with property rights. It means we'll all have clean air to breath and clean water to drink. It means we won't kill off young men and young women because old men want to lead them into unnecessary wars. It means the rich will finally lose their Bush tax breaks so perhaps we can chip away at the federal deficit while not firing needed teachers, firemen and police officers. It means trying to bring some income equality back to America, which is the only real way to spur growth and prosperity.

In other words, it means an America where I want to live. Not an ultra-conservative theocracy with all the power in the hands of the top 1%.

Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser, bluetrainsugaree
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#209674 1 year, 5 months ago
I understand that Romney backers might not like this, but it had me laughing out loud!
Don't forget that cutting Medicaid funding, as Romney has promised to do, doesn't just mean taking health care from "welfare bums", it means taking money for nursing home care away from the elderly. Do you want your parents living with you?

Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by SunshineSue.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#209688 1 year, 5 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
I mean, if your guy wins, will it make you feel better ? No matter what side your on ? What about the other half of the country ? What will they be feeling ? This divisive shit scares me.
This is silly. When in a voting system hasn't this happened? If you vote for the person who doesn't win, you're the "other half". If that is "divisive", then the problem isn't that there is a winner and a loser. It's how the losing "half" deals with being on the losing end. The problem isn't division. There's always division. ALWAYS. The problem is with the immature and malicious handling of being on the losing end. Poor sportsmanship, and it isn't limited to politics. Turn on a NBA game. Turn on practically any sports telecast. Good sportsmanship is so rare that 60 Minutes can make it a point to do a piece on it now and again. It's newsworthy when someone is a good sport...because it is the exception and not the rule.

Division doesn't scare me at all. Powerful, reactionary, contrarian losers scare me.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#209692 1 year, 5 months ago
It's decided! I'm voting for whomever STOPS calling my house and filling my mailbox with leaflets. Done!!

This Romney jackass calls the house at 9:30 last night. Then it's an automated thing so you can't even go off on the person.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
stricken
Gold Boarder

#209698 1 year, 5 months ago
In all honesty i don't say a whole lot about politics because people that have the best intents can get twisted into a mess that is unrecognizable.

With MR. President Obama we have a man who can have a conversation with every person in AMERICA and that simply wouldn't be the case with mitt. I say this because he never had it hard like the common people who are the backbone of this great country have experienced. So he never will relate to the majority of the common folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, kevin, lightchaser, SunshineSue, bluetrainsugaree, dougieisirie
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds