• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#207536 1 year, 10 months ago
And on a lighter note, how can you possible argue with Katy Perry's endorsement at an Obama rally last night?!

katyperryobama.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, mtnhead
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#207548 1 year, 10 months ago
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by ecojaded.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#207563 1 year, 10 months ago
DrippingColors wrote:
though I think some Americans deserve the abuse they would receive from a Romney/Sheldon Adelson administration

You forgot to mention that 17 of 24 of Romney's foreign policy advisors are from the Bush administration, the same people that got us into the big mess in Iraq and Afghanistan, like Paul Wolfowitz, John Bolton, etc. A vote for Romney is a return to this same policy. "Let's just go to war and see what happens".
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, kevin, Phred
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#207734 1 year, 10 months ago
dougieisirie wrote:
DrippingColors wrote:
though I think some Americans deserve the abuse they would receive from a Romney/Sheldon Adelson administration

You forgot to mention that 17 of 24 of Romney's foreign policy advisors are from the Bush administration, the same people that got us into the big mess in Iraq and Afghanistan, like Paul Wolfowitz, John Bolton, etc. A vote for Romney is a return to this same policy. "Let's just go to war and see what happens".

This would be the part that's even scarier to me than his war on women's rights. The last thing we need is another clueless pampered aristocrat puppet of the neo-cons as president!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#208039 1 year, 10 months ago
Curious as to what folks think about this ad. Personally, I think it's harmless but at the same time useless and a bit classless.

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#208274 1 year, 10 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
Curious as to what folks think about this ad. Personally, I think it's harmless but at the same time useless and a bit classless.

I'm not sure why you think it's classless. Admittedly, I'm a big Lena Dunham fan anyway, but I thought this was absolutely brilliant!! Nothing wrong with a little sophisticated, well-written humor to make an excellent point!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#208412 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
mtnhead wrote:

I'm not sure why you think it's classless. Admittedly, I'm a big Lena Dunham fan anyway, but I thought this was absolutely brilliant!! Nothing wrong with a little sophisticated, well-written humor to make an excellent point!

Sophisticated ?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#208414 1 year, 10 months ago
I'm not big on debating every strength or weakness of either candidate, BUT this election is truly a war of the classes.

If you're a millionaire who wants to protect your portfolio,vote for Romney
If you have to work everyday and count on your employer for health benefits and quality of life, vote for Obama

Romney's history seems to dictate he would not have bailed out the big 3 automakers, but would have let them fail. His history of profiting on American business failures speaks for itself.

Obama is far from perfect, but his policies do seem to be in the best interest of the majority of Americans, not just the rich and very white people (I.E. Mormons and the far right)

Obama will only lose if Americans develop voter apathy and stay home instead of exercising their duty to elect the best candidate for EVERYONE
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#208454 1 year, 10 months ago
From Obama and the Road Ahead: The Rolling Stone Interview

www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obama...e-interview-20121025

Where were you when you first saw Romney's speech in Boca Raton about the 47 percent? What was your first reaction?
We were out campaigning. I don't remember which state we were in – probably Ohio. [Laughs] Since we've been there so often, the odds are, it was probably Ohio.

It took a while before we actually saw the full transcript of what he said. I think it was pretty surprising. It's an indication of a story that Republicans have been telling themselves for a while, at least a sizable portion – that somehow, half the country consider themselves victims and want to be dependent on government. Obviously, he was wrong on the facts, since the overwhelming majority of that 47 percent are either folks that are working every day and paying all kinds of taxes but just don't earn enough money to pay income tax; or are senior citizens who worked all their lives and did everything right so they could count on some sense of security as they got older; or they are veterans who have sacrificed for our country, or soldiers who are sacrificing as we speak on behalf of our country. But that sense that folks who have contributed to this country but are at the lower ends of the income scale are somehow looking for government to do something for them, or feel some sense of entitlement, is just fundamentally wrong. It doesn't jive with what I see as I travel across the country every day.

Are there people who, both at the top and the bottom, aren't pulling their weight and are looking for a special deal? Sure. But as was pointed out when this controversy erupted, there are a whole bunch of millionaires who aren't paying any income tax, as well as people at the lower end of the income spectrum who may be taking advantage of the safety net that we've put in place. We should hold everybody accountable who's not doing their fair share. That's what the American people believe: They don't like bailouts, they don't like handouts, but they do understand that we have to have a government that ensures that if somebody is working hard and carrying out their responsibilities, that they can succeed and that they can give the prospects of a better life to their kids and their grandkids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#208479 1 year, 10 months ago
Just Remember Folks!!

Hurricane Sandy=HAPPENED ON OBAMA'S WATCH!!!
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds