• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193652 1 year, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
phred all you do is name call and act condecending.BTW under obama the US debt rating has been lowered TWICE .that alone is reason for him to go


Name call? Who/What??? The only name calling I see is where I called myself a "boob". I am always happy to back up my statements with links to the original information (as I did with the defense budget quote...btw still waiting to see where tdog got his "8%" value). And if saying I am bored is "condescending", than I am guilty.

Don't forget to vote.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193654 1 year, 6 months ago
Phred wrote:
tdog wrote:
There isn't enough money being paid into the treasury these days because we are at an employment rate (percentage of those who can work actually working. forget the fake unemployment rate) not seen for many decades, thus, fewer people paying taxes.

Look, instead of pounding on me, defend your guy. Why is he worth re-electing ? Will more of the same policies get us out of trouble ?

While the middle east is exploding your dude is on the Letterman show. Simply, not a serious guy. Sorry. Not personal.

I'd love for you to convince me otherwise.


I'm not pounding you, I'm pounding the ideas that you spew here that, in my opinion, are misguided, ill informed, and simply not true. I don't have to defend Obama... he is doing quite well without my help. Can you say the same for Mittens? And as for convincing you otherwise ... I simply don't have the time (nor will) to try to educate someone that in all probability DOESN'T really want to be "convinced otherwise". And, you probably wouldn't understand what I was trying to say to you anyway.

I was more than happy to stay on the sidelines of this issue, but when you started presenting fiction as fact and spouting the same uninformed garbage and dogma that the Tea Baggers are preaching, well, then I felt compelled to say something. But, as you said: Sorry. Not personal...
the whole "and you probably wouldnt understand what i was trying to say anyway" yeah not condescending at all .TEABAGGERS yeah not name calling after all everyone likes being called a homosexual act and the mittens BS i guees tha means its okay for me to say obo,osama,ovomit,noboma, etc
have a nice day try to think up ways to defend against the 2 credit hits and the 16 trillion we owe
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193657 1 year, 6 months ago
i give. here's a recent chart.

tag, you're it.
Attachments:
Freedom is truth.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1428
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193659 1 year, 6 months ago
VOTE
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193667 1 year, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
phred all you do is name call and act condecending.BTW under obama the US debt rating has been lowered TWICE .that alone is reason for him to go


this is part of the problem. Obama bent backwards trying to not let it happen (and by the way- it was done once and we will see it a second time if congress doesn't act). Is this your best argument? I want your best argument, a single issue and let's deal with it. Because having to defend Obama because he's a "socialist" or a "muslim" is a waste of time. So put aside the birther movement and let's deal with it.

Ok, that being said- You know as well as I do that last summer the republican'ts were saying that dinging our credit rating (not debt rating- credit rating- let's be sure we are being clear) was not a problem- it would be beneficial... that's your tea party, friend. Do I need to provide quotes? Do we really need to rehash the fact that Beiner last summer went to Obama and they, behind closed doors, came up with a deal but then when Beiner called other republcians he realized he wouldn't get an advantage from the deal, but Obama might (and this is regardless of the fact that the deal was a good, solid one- they walked away because of politics!), so they walked away from the table. And out of desperation, Obama agreed to an unthinkable automatic cut in this January that would force us to act on fixing this problem and yet congress- and particulalry the republicant's, won't deal.

So spare the "sky is falling" socialist bullshit melodrama, and be specific. Let's hit one topic. What is your best thing? The pro Obama side can point at one failure for the republicans, and we hit it. You name it and I have no qualms debating it.

But this whole "Obama is a socialist tearing down our country" pie in the sky way of arguing is just weak sauce. When Obama took the oath of pres, were loosing for several months 750,000 jobs a month- a month. And oh, Obama should jsut stick his thumb in it and stop it... why is it, base on conservative theory- the fed's job to get me, in Los Angeles, Cali, a job in the first place? That sounds.... like socialism not laissez faire capitalism. But really- if you don't at least in your heart know it's weak sauce- our country is in a lot of trouble- not because of money, or because of credit, or unemployment, but because one half this country is so blinded by their hate and idealogy that we as a united states is doomed.

oh- I'll at red rocks so if I don't respond it's time to wiggle not debate.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by lostsailor.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193670 1 year, 6 months ago
tdog wrote:
i give. here's a recent chart.

tag, you're it.


What does that claim to show? I don't get it. And where did that come from? I can post pretty pie charts to showing the frequency of my bowel movements and it would have as much accuracy as your pie chart... where did it come from?
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193673 1 year, 6 months ago
ah, good one !

somone (phred) asked me for it. got it from some website but it pretty much falls in line with others i've seen. what's the problem ?

again, instead of beating up on me and subjecting all of us to hideous imagery of your ugly ass (laughter) sitting on a toilet, defend your dude !

why does obama deserve out vote ?
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by tdog.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193675 1 year, 6 months ago
Who's ultimately responsible for the leadership of the country, Obama or some other dishonest/unethical politician ? C'mon now, the head guy ALWAYS gets the blame and this is no exception except for folks living in a bubble of denial.

As for the 700k jobs/month lost, dude, if that rate were EVER to keep up then there would be NOBODY working after around ten years. What, all the private corporations just disappear ??? It's an idiotic agrument. How big is the US work force ? 100 million people ? So, one year @ 700k/month = 8.4 million x 5 is 42 million. Do you think ANY society could sustain a loss of 42% of its workforce and survive ! Hell, even a sustained 20% ! IT WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN THAT WAY ! Employers cut due to waning demand for goods and got down to a bare bones run rate to ride out the Obama term. And, they're still waiting !!!!!!! They want the dude outta town and aren't going to loosen the purse strings until then ! There would be no economy, no country if that were to happen. It was called A RECESSION ! HELLO ! Most recessions are short lived and the economy recovers. This time, not so.

Yea, things have progressed swimmingly over the last 4 years.

Where the hell did all the stimulus money go anyway ? $700 billion for roads and bridges. So, where the hell are all the roads and bridges ? Oh, and don't look now but GM is going to need another bailout. And, those solar comapnies ? Belly up and the white house just installed solar panels made in CHINA !

What the hell has Obama been doing ? What a disaster. I'd vote for an orange juice can over this crook !

Enjoy Red Rocks.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by tdog.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder
Posts:388

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193934 1 year, 6 months ago
www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eddie-ve...-fundraiser-20120921

Eddie Vedder rejected Mitt Romney's recent characterization of 47 percent of Americans as people who see themselves as victims who don't pay income taxes. "It's very upsetting to hear a presidential candidate be so easily dismissive of such a ginormous amount of the population," Vedder said yesterday at a fundraiser for President Obama in Tampa, Florida, according to a pool report passed along by The Hollywood Reporter.

Vedder, who played a short set for Obama at the home of singer-songwriter Don Miggs and Lisa DeBartolo (daughter of former San Francisco 49ers owenr Eddie DeBartolo Jr.), shared his own story of how government programs helped him.

"I'm an example of someone who never made it to university," Vedder told the small crowd. "I did have this dream to be a musician. I felt that this dream had an expiration date."

Vedder went on to recall signing up for a government security guard training program, which led to a midnight shift and position as security supervisor at a petroleum company.

"It was that job which allowed me to keep affording to guitars and microphones," the Pearl Jam frontman said. "For me, it all began with that ability to get the proper training for a decent job."

Vedder then introduced President Obama, who thanked the musician. "For you to share that story with us, Eddie, speaks volumes not only about you but about this country," Obama said. "That story captures better than anything what this campaign is about and what this country is about."
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#193936 1 year, 6 months ago
Quintessential "uniquely" American story. Thanks for posting.

The DeBartolo's are some pretty ritzy company to be keeping for a guy who says he's looking out for us little guys. Make of that what you will.

A petroleum company ? Oh my, that aint green. Those dastardly oil companies who ..... actually HIRE PEOPLE ! But, make of that what you will.

I don't want/need "fundamental transformation". Fucking greatest country in the history of mankind !

As New Potato Caboose, Furthur - 10/2/2011 Red Rocks streams out of my iTunes .....
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by tdog.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds